“Best Sunday Brunch.....ever”
Review of 18 Oaks

18 Oaks
Reserve with OpenTable
18 Oaks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 4,642 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Located at the TPC San Antonio Clubhouse, 18 Oaks is traditional-style fine steakhouse featuring perfectly aged steaks seared to order, fresh seafood and poultry dishes, epic sides and an excellent variety of wine. And don't miss our Sunday brunch!
San Antonio, Texas
“Best Sunday Brunch.....ever”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I just can't say it enough, this is really the best Sunday brunch in any city I've ever been to. Better than any vegas buffet, and we've enjoyed a lot over the years. We try to make this a ritual about once a month, great for adults and kids alike. Always fresh, always made with excellence, and of course, you can eat until you pop. Fresh crab legs, shrimp, homemade cream corn with fresh corn, fruit, pastries, even homemade pickles and cured meats. When in San Antonio, you must try it!

• Visited May 2013

New Braunfels, Texas
“Great, or good if you consider cost.”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My mother-in-law bought my wife and I dinner at 18 Oaks for my wife's birthday. We really enjoyed the experience. All of the staff was overly kind and exceptionally knowledgeable of every aspect of the restaurant.

Let me tell a quick story of our experience. When we first came in, which was very early in the evening, the restaurant was almost completely empty. We told them of our reservation and the hostess said there would be a wait. Confused, we said okay and waited in the bar area. We joked with each other that they couldn't find an empty table. After about 5 minutes they came and seated us at our table. We thought nothing of it and went on about the evening.

About 15 minutes after being there the manager came to the table and apologized for delaying us being seated and told us that my mother-in-law had arranged flowers to be delivered and placed on the table. The Floral Shop had delivered the flowers late and because of this, the manager rushed to put a flower arrangement together for the table before we were seated. He actually had went and cut flowers from somewhere on the grounds to create a bouquet of flowers that was far more beautiful than what was delivered by the Floral Shop. He took the flower arrangement he created from the table and replaced them with the one order by my mother-in-law. He said the flowers would be waiting at the front and we could take them when we were finished.

After that, we had a very good meal. My wife and I cook more often than go out to restaurants. we had the mussels for an appetizer, and the duck-fat fries with them as recommended by the waiter. The mussels were good, but the fries seemed out of place and sub-par. For the main course ,we ordered the Catch of the day, a pan-seared bass. we both agreed that it was nothing special. We order two sides, Goat-cheese gratin and polenta. the gratin seemed slightly undercooked and the polenta was delicious. For dessert, we had a croissant breadpudding that was amazing.

All said, it was a great experience considering my mother-in-law picked up the bill. If it was us paying on the other hand, I would have felt it was a little overpriced for the quality. When we go to a restaurant of this caliber we expect a little more... food wise, the service was impeccable.

• Visited May 2013
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“3.5 stars”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Service a lot it slow, food was good, not great. Maybe a bit underwhelming. The atmosphere was pretty nice. I would eat here again was just expecting a little more. Very good wine selection.
Bar area is pretty small with very small TVs if you need a score.
Not marked real well on how to get there.

Visited March 2013
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Wonderful Atmosphere - Great Steak!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

When in Texas you kinda expect good steak, but the steak I had at 18 Oaks was the best I've had in years. Perfectly cooked, tasty and satisfying. The room is beautiful and the wait staff is professional, friendly and very helpful.

Visited March 2013
Lake Grove, New York, United States
“Great place long wait for food”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Great place. People were very friendly. Everything was perfect with the exception if how long the food took to get to us. The manager came out and apologized and gave us 5 desserts on the house. That was more than enough. I will be going back