“This was our 25th anniversary and one of the best experiences”
Review of Luke - CLOSED

Luke
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Soledad St.
Description: San Antonio is now home to acclaimed Chef John Besh’s restaurant, Lüke, on the city's famed Riverwalk, Besh's first restaurant outside of his home state of Louisiana. The casual chic bistro features a menu of authentic Old World cuisine, combining classic German and French cooking techniques served in a warm and inviting space of stylish vintage interior, situated in San Antonio's popular downtown district. At the helm of the kitchen of Lüke is Executive Chef John Russ, born and raised in New Orleans. At Restaurant August, Chef Russ began to form the relationship with John Besh and he learned the importance of forming relationships with farmers and fisherman, which would later be reinforced by his time working on farms in Alabama, New Hampshire, New York and Maryland. Chef Russ returned to the Besh Restaurant Group as Chef de Cuisine on the invitation of Chef Besh. To complement its cuisine, Lüke offers an extensive wine list and beer selection.
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We made reservations, asked for a table on the river, and informed the staff that it was our anniversary. We were treated like VIP guests of the chef. We got complimentary champagne, tastings, and all the recommendations were perfect. The plating was beautiful and the service top notch. The chef came to check on us several times. The manager checked on us, the waiter was attentive without being intrusive. The manager and assistant manager checked on us. If I had one small complaint, the live band we arrived was really loud, but they finished their set shortly after we arrived. But this did nothing to mar the wonderfulness of the evening!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We selected the restaurant for its location near our hotel which was a convenient walk. Our service was quite good and she was most helpful in making a fish selection for my dinner as well as helping hubby with his entrée choice and salad options. Everything was nicely paced and we felt had a reasonable price point for the area and atmosphere. We dropped in early without a reservation and were seated promptly and would consider returning when in the area.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Though it can be a little pricey, it is worth is, based on the service, atmosphere, quality of food & quantity of food provided. San Antonio has a lot to offer foodies, but you will not be able to find another restaurant like this in San Antonio or any other place, for that matter. I dare you ;)

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I'm a big fan of any John Besh restaurant. This was my first time to eat the Luke, San Antonio but I have been to the New Orleans location many times. The service at this location was a bit slow but not horrible. It's quite loud inside, especially when the band is playing. The menu is similar to that of the New Orleans location with a few local specialties added. The cocktail list is great. There is also outdoor seating which the New Orleans location does not offer.
If you want something other than Tex-Mex in San Antonio, Luke is an excellent option.

1  Thank KipF
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Most restaurants on the Riverwalk turn out very mediocre food. Luke is a wonderful exception. My family had lunch at Luke and we are so glad we did. The restaurant is nicely decorated and has a nice touch of New Orleans to it. My wife had the fried oyster po'boy and a bloody mary. The drink was one of the best she has had, mixed just right with a good spicy kick and even a beer back. I had a mint julip with my pulled pork sliders. Both sandwiches were served with fries. My daughter had the best chicken tenders I've every tasted...seriously! Lunch was finished with bread pudding. Service was outstanding. If we hadn't eaten so much for lunch, we would have come back for dinner. It was that good. This is now a must stop for us anytime we go through San Antonio.

2  Thank Bluesboy850