I stayed at this hotel for a few days in April for a conference and found the hotel better than I'd expected. The taxi driver who brought me there was even commenting that I'd made a good choice as the place is quite new. It is not a luxury hotel so don't go there looking for an expansive lobby etc, there is none of that. It is small and basic, but the accommodations are very well put together. Everything in the room is very well maintained and clean. The design of the bathroom is very nice with very nice materials used for the surfaces etc. The Wi-fi was pretty good as well. There is no laundry on site so if you're expecting that as I was...don't.
There is no food facility on site so you will definitely have to go out to eat. The neighbourhood is quite unremarkable which means no charm, and nothing close by of note really. It was very quiet when I was there. I walked a few blocks to Fatty's Burgers which will give you burgers that justify the name, but their cake was bloody tasty! The residences that I saw as I walked to and from the hotel seemed rather run down, and the whole route was so quiet that it was eery. I had the feeling that I was on the outskirts of civilisation.
From my window I had a great view of the Tower of the Americas where I went to have a delicious dinner one day. Some Texan friends and I walked to the Alamo which must have taken about 20 minutes if I recall well, but it was an easy walk anyway. From there we went down to the riverwalk, and after a nice meal and margaritas walked back to the hotel. My friends who were very accustomed to staying in upscale hotels were also pleasantly surprised at the 'niceness' of the hotel...they'd wondered before they arrived what sort of mess I'd gotten them in to.
There were two front desk personnel while I was there, one per shift. One of them was pleasant, the other was a bit indifferent but not 'unpleasant'. The cleaning staff were nice and professional as well. The hotel was so quiet that it may as well have been empty. I slept really well.
Would I stay there again? Absolutely. I think it is a real gem for the budget traveller. Nothing shady, nothing to complain about for me. Budget travellers get some before it runs down!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located just steps from Sunset Station and the Alamodome, our new hotel is the perfect starting place to experience all San Antonio has to offer. Our 100 percent nonsmoking hotel offers exemplary service and amenities to accompany our sophisticated comfortable accommodations. Relax in our contemporary luxurious rooms and enjoy the view of the downtown skyline while planning what to see and do. While you are here, take advantage of our free wireless high speed internet access and free in-room coffee service.If you’re traveling for fun, our new hotel will be a highlight of your trip. City View Inn & Suites is located in the heart of Downtown San Antonio, just steps from Sunset Station and the Alamodome and near all the local dining and shopping. You’ll be less than a mile from attractions including the San Antonio Riverwalk, The Alamo and the Texas Institute of Culture and Tower of the America’s. Six Flags Fiesta Texas, the San Antonio Zoo, Seaworld, the Botanical Gardens and the AT&T center are just minutes away. If you’re traveling on business, you’ll appreciate our easy access to HEB, the Convention Center, Boeing and Lockheed Martin. And you can still enjoy our sophisticated contemporary luxury; making your stay both enjoyable and profitable.The City View Inn & Suites at Sunset Station offers exceptional value and luxurious accommodations at a great price. Come experience the best San Antonio has to offer. Make a reservation today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your City View Inn & Suites Sunset Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- City View Inn & Suites Sunset Station Hotel San Antonio
- City View Inn And Suites Sunset Station