“F.U.N. Exciting and relaxing all in one!”

San Antonio Bike Tours
Ranked #3 of 58 Tours in San Antonio
More attraction details
Owner description: San Antonio Bike Tours offers custom, small-group guided tours of historic San Antonio, TX. We utilize comfortable, stable recumbent tricycles that allow you to see the sights, not the front wheel of a bike. Discover why we're "The Laid Back Way to See S.A.!" All tours include the use of a recumbent tricycle, helmet,radio communications system, and a complimentary water bottle. Some tours include a complimentary snack or lunch. All tours are by appointment only. Please call or visit our website or our Facebook page for more information.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Phoenix, Arizona
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“F.U.N. Exciting and relaxing all in one!”
Reviewed January 31, 2011

I'm so glad my husband and I took this bike tour. I didn't imagine it would be so exciting, but I had a smile from ear to ear the entire time. We were able to ride the tandem trike and it was also suprisingly relaxing. Riding these bikes was definitely the best way to see San Antonio, and our tour guide was super funny. I wish there was a bike tour like this in every city.

Visited January 2011
1 Thank coco_bubs

Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fun, interesting and easy bike tour”
Reviewed December 2, 2010

My husband and I went to San Antonio for the weekend. On Friday, we strolled around the downtown area and were set to do the tour the next day.

On Saturday morning we met up with Steve our guide who is a genuine San Antonio historian! We started our tour a bit earlier than some and went to a farmer's marked on the north end of the city. GREAT food (we had breakfast burritos, bread pudding and hot chocolate mmmmm). By the way, it was just my husband and I on one tandem trike and Steve and flaco (the skeleton) on the other. Everyone gets a smile and wave when they see you riding by! I felt like a movie-star! Not to mention you get these really cool radios with an ear-piece which made me pretend I was in a secret government agency! This is how Steve is able to give you the tour as you're riding around without having to shout. Its all very cool and hi-tech.

I thought that maybe because we had been around the downtown area the day before, it might have spoiled some of the fun but we saw MUCH more on the bike tour! We went EVERYWHERE! We saw and heard about all the interesting structures. From the hotels to the missions, everything had a good story. We learned all about how San Antonio came to look and be the way it is now through the people and events that shaped it.

For those people who think it might be difficult, rest easy since the bikes are very comfortable and Steve rides at your pace. We did quite a bit more riding than the typical tour but I wasn't sore the next day. Just make sure you put on some sunblock (he suggested it and I just wore a hat but I got a little burned). Ride with minimal stuff is my suggestion. I didn't take my cell, nor did my husband. We just took cash and our keys and of course a camera. Being in the back of a tandem allows you to take as many pictures as you want since your hands are free.

We highly suggest this tour! Have fun and ride easy!