“one of the best tours we have ever taken!”

San Antonio Bike Tours
Ranked #2 of 57 Tours in San Antonio
More attraction details
Owner description: San Antonio Bike Tours offers custom, small-group guided tours of historic San Antonio, TX. We utilize comfortable, stable recumbent tricycles that allow you to see the sights, not the front wheel of a bike. Discover why we're "The Laid Back Way to See S.A.!" All tours include the use of a recumbent tricycle, helmet,radio communications system, and a complimentary water bottle. Some tours include a complimentary snack or lunch. All tours are by appointment only. Please call or visit our website or our Facebook page for more information.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Ashland, Oregon
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“one of the best tours we have ever taken!”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We have had a lot of experience with travel~including the u.s. and abroad. Steve gave us one of the best tours . Not only did we get to see this beautiful city~but, we were given such good personal service + he was extremely knowledgeable about all things San Antonio! Worth every penny!!!! Would defiantly do this again and refer all to San Antonio Bike Tours .

Visited December 2013
1 Thank trbass

Washington DC, District of Columbia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Awesome”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Took a bike tour with Steve on the recumbent bikes which were soooooo easy to ride! I have a bad knee and had no difficulty at all. I was shocked when our 4 hour tour ended and he said we had rode 12 miles! I did not even sweat! Steve is super knowledgeable about San Antonio and provides a great perspective. This was so much fun, I think everyone should do it.

Visited October 2013
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great trip biking around San Antonio”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This bike tour was one of the highlights of my trip to San Antonio! I usually take bike tours whenever I can on my vacation and this one did not disappoint. What was unique about this trip is that we used recumbent tricycles instead of regular bikes. In my opinion, these are actually easier to ride than regular bikes! It was a very relaxing cruise through the streets of San Antonio. I think most anyone with a minimal level of fitness can do this tour. The roads are very flat except for one short hill near the Japanese garden. Expect to get a lot of attention as you cruise through the streets! The other unique thing about this tour is that Steve, the guide, uses radios with earphones to communicate while you are on the tour. This is was very convenient as we could ask questions and get information as we went along. If you are in San Antonio and plan on talking a tour, I encourage you to consider this bike tour. The people that were on the bus tour were giving us some jealous looks! (Especially since buses can’t tour through the Prince William area when we could!)

Visited October 2013
Wilmington, North Carolina
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Best Bike Tour Ever”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband and I often look for bike tours when we travel to new places. Our recent trip to Texas provided the best tour to date. Steve, the owner, is knowledgeable and hospitable. He knows San Antonio as well as anyone and when a detour sign appeared, he knew exactly what to do. This was the first tour that provided a communication system so that the guide could give us directions and point out sights while we were riding. If we had a question, there was no shouting to compete with traffic or noise. A simple press of a button allowed us to communicate without any difficulty. We learned about the history of the city, toured a mission, meandering through neighborhoods and had lunch at a neighborhood restaurant that we would never have found. We also stopped at a fruiteria and enjoyed a refreshing cup of cold fresh fruit complete with chilli powder, salt and lime juice. Yum! Because we were on recumbent tricycles, we were comfortable for hours. The city seems to embrace cyclist and the bike paths along the river were beautiful. If you go to San Antonio, add this to your agenda.

Visited July 2013
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great tour and wonderful way to see the city!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My girlfriend booked this trip for me for my birthday after we had a recent good experience with another bike tour in New Orleans.

We met Steve at his business, which is located just outside of downtown, around 9 am. We were the only 2 people on the tour which I LOVED! (I didn't want to have to worry about keeping up with other people). We were fitted to our seated trikes and given helmets and souvenir water bottles, and we set out. The tour took us across some of the most beautiful terrain I have ever seen along the river. We learned about the different art installations in the city, the locks/dams, the missions, and the history of the river and the city itself. The tour was packed with knowledge and history!
As we drove down the streets, everyone stopped to look at Steve's Velocycle and our trikes. We went to 3 different missions, and spent some real time exploring one (not the Alamo as it is WAY too busy). On the way back, we stopped at a Fruiteria and had some amazing Mexican street food (fruit and elotes). This was an amazing day and Steve was a great tour guide!

A couple of things to keep in mind:
1. Even though you are seated, these bikes make you exert the same amount of effort as a regular 2-wheel bike. (Your butt just doesn't hurt the same when you are done.)
2. There are some decent hills on this ride, and the 17.5 miles of riding can really make you tired.
3. If it rains, you may get a little dirty as you are close the ground on these bikes. Just don't wear anything you really don't want to get a little wet or dirty and you will be fine.
4. The city is VERY bicycle friendly. You feel safe on these bikes and driving through this city as a whole. I never felt like some semi truck or car was going to run me down.

Do yourself a favor and take this tour!

Visited June 2013