“Great Place” 4 of 5 bubbles

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

This isn't a huge place but it is a great place for children with special needs. Everything is wheelchair accessible & fun for the kids. The swings were the biggest hit with my little one! The staff are all very friendly & very helpful...loved it!!

3 Thank saosassy

San Antonio, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Shockingly boring”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

I went with my sons school on a field trip. Not much to do there for being a "wonderland". I felt like the little lessons handled by the staff were poorly organized. The kids were restless and wanted to play yet we all had to sit and listen. At lunch some of the kids told me they wish they were at the field trip they had the year before at Fiesta Farm. My son, 7, said he doesn't want to ever go back to morgans wonderland. Save your money and go to a community park, pretty much the.same.

Visited April 2014
7 Thank justamom123
MorgansWonderland, General Manager at Morgan's Wonderland, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thanks for commenting about your recent Educational Field Trip visit to Morgan's Wonderland. Please keep in mind our theme park was designed with special-needs individuals in mind, so we don't have thrill rides or scary elements that might upset those with physical or cognitive challenges. However, we do have a variety of attractions that people of all ages can enjoy safely and comfortably. On field trip days, we follow curricula developed by the Region 20 Education Service Center that incorporates TEKS (Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills) principles. Prior to arriving at Morgan's Wonderland, teachers receive plans so they can prepare their students for hands-on lessons throughout the park. After the lessons and lunch, students have 90 minutes of free time to further explore the park. It might interest you to know that we survey teachers following Educational Field Trips, and the feedback is overwhelmingly positive. We regret if we did not live up to your expectations, however we do feel that students on field trips to Morgan's Wonderland enjoy combining learning with some fun. Thank you again for your feedback; best wishes!
San Antonio, Texas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Wonderful Wonderland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is the only type of "special needs" amusement park in the United States. Visitors come from all over the world to play here and enjoy this park. There are special swings designed for wheel chairs as well as other amusements for those with special needs. Call to make reservations.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Maryl42
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great park for everyone! ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

I was impressed when I learned of this place - a place where special needs children can go and play. But my kids don't have any disabilities so I questioned if it'd be a good fit for them and yes, they had a great time!

Much of what they had was pretty common things- like playground equipment but it was mostly ramps instead of all steps and climbing things. Was great for younger kids. Also had a water play place, sand place, walk paths, a train, jeeps, small drivable boats, fishing, etc. I wondered how exciting it'd be with just a few basic rides but my boys reminded me that sometimes the simple things can provide great satisfaction.

Price was $15 for parents and $10 for kids. I felt $10 ea was more appropriate but liked that we were supporting a good cause. Opened in 2010 so things are in good condition. Have GPS bracelets to track your kids if you want them.

I didn't get enjoyment personally but I recommend it as a place for young kids and would gladly take them back there if in the area again.

3 Thank Dealmom83
Corpus Christi, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best Park EVER!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

This is a special park for kids with special needs but it encompasses the whole family! I would recommend it for a birthday party to anyone! Bring all the family and enjoy the day!

Visited June 2013