Drury Plaza Hotel San Antonio North Stone Oak
Ranked #3 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I booked this hotel based on the other Trip Advisor reviews. It was my 30th birthday weekend and we had originally planned to stay on the riverwalk but most hotels there were booked. This ended up working out better than we could have ever expected. The hotel was immaculate and the service was spectacular. The price was so reasonable, especially for everything that comes with it. The complimentary happy hour with snacks and awesome hot breakfast (also complimentary) made it a bargain. We already decided this is our new go to hotel in San Antonio. I've worked for hotels for the last ten years, Hyatt , Hilton, and Intercontinental, so I know what to look for when it comes to service, cleanliness, amenities, etc...and this one does it perfectly!!!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank KristinMarie644

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I have to admit at first when my wife suggested we stay at this hotel, I was somewhat reluctant to say the least. Let's be honest I've never been much of a Drury fan. But I have to admit I was totally amazed with this hotel and it's wonderful staff. I'm a Hilton Club member, A Wyndham Rewards member, and a member of number of other international hotel clubs. However I have to say the Staff at this hotel could give lessons on service and attitude to some of the ones I've been staying in lately. The hotel is new, the atmosphere and design very cosmopolitan and modern. I love the the way they created the parking garage in the middle of the hotel, very convenient and safe! The rooms are very comfortable, and clean. I stayed at a Wyndham in Dallas recently and I Couldn't get my room clean for three days, the housekeeper just kept rolling her eyes at me really! But here everyone is helpful and service minded thank, God someone remembers what the customer is paying for! We travel to San Antonio about three for four times a year. We loved the location so many wonderful places to eat, shop and be entertained. Give the Drury a try you won't be sorry! Loved it, I even became a Gold Key Club member can you believe it..LOL

Room Tip: We stayed in a King an loved it looking to try a two room suite next time we go!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Timothy V
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Upon our late arrival, we were warmly greeted at the front desk and promptly checked in! Our room was spacious and comfortable! Very quiet and a gorgeous view of the pool, hot tub and rooftop seating areas.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pam M
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Stayed here for a sales meeting with approximately, a group of approximately 70. My room was very nice, clean and well kept. The bed was very comfortable, as were the pillows. Walls were somewhat thin, but didn't seem to be an issue. Shower had plenty of pressure and hot water.
The breakfast was very good, although would like to have seen a little more fruit than apples, bananas and oranges- but that's pretty standard for hotel breakfast. The happy hour had free drinks, which were good, but they also had a nice salad, chicken breast, hot dogs, baked potatoes and a few other items, and was actually very good.
The staff all seemed very nice and helpful.
My only complaint would be the wifi, it seemed to work fine in rooms, but very spotty, almost non existent in the meeting rooms. As with most business travelers, wifi is very important.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank LovemyGSDBoone
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Drury is the bomb! FREE nightly kickback from 5:30-7pm including unlimited soda, 3 alcohol beverages & food - not just snacks either! Chicken, baked potatoes, mac n cheese, salad, soup & nachos. Sometimes they switch the menu and offer pasta night or chili dog night. FREE hot breakfast featuring pancakes, waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, yogurt, bagels, muffins, hot & cold cereal, etc. FREE parking, wi-fi, and popcorn every night. Whole hotel is nice and clean including room, hot tub, and pool...that's a biggie with me! Staff is friendly and helpful. Drury is definitely a win-win!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Liz C
Reviewed January 16, 2014

My husband and I were in Dallas, visiting his mom for 2 weeks over the holidays. It was getting to be time for an unplanned getaway, so we decided to go to San Antonio for the weekend. This was very last minute, but I was able to reserve a room at the Drury Plaza for $89. I had low expectations, but the hotel was quite nice! Our room was a decent size, with a nice comfy king bed. I happen to love a nice bathroom, and this bathroom was REALLY nice. It had no tub, but rather a walk-in shower - a very BIG walk-in shower. There was a little fridge and a microwave in the room. The front desk folks were kind and helpful. They have free parking in a lot or a garage, and they "strongly suggested" that we keep the car in the secure garage. That gave me the feeling that the area wasn't so safe, but all was fine with the car in the garage. They also told us that "quiet time" begins at 10pm, and to let them know if anyone was noisy after that time. I loved that! I wasn't crazy about the breakfast. The breakfast buffet is open until 10am, and we arrived shortly before 9:30. They were out of scrambled eggs and pancakes (though they eventually replenished the supply), and the food was just eh. I would go somewhere else for breakfast next time. Although the hotel is in San Antonio, it is about 15 miles from the Riverwalk. All in all, a nice, clean, comfy hotel. I would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Emm781
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I have stayed here quite a few times with my family. We especially like the "Dinner" reception and normally the breakfasts. I am not sure why, but this last time they seemed to be having issues. The pool and smoking area door locks were supposedly broken after 10 pm (the pool is normally closed but the smoking area is open round the clock) but thy worked in the morning. Also, this hotel known to be pretty high class, however, this time they made me sign a slip that they added to the back of the registration card that says that they have a quiet hour, no parties etc. - So Maybe they started having issues at night? This was the first time that breakfast was also very "less quality". We stayed the same days of the week (Sat - Sun) and there were less selections, the eggs were cold and the employees (especially this real young looking guy I have never seen before) were not very attentive except to clear tables. I mean they really put their skimp on. I am not sure if there was a management change or why they decided on messing with the things that keep us coming back.

I am going to give them one more shot. I have made a suite reservation for this coming weekend and we will see how that goes and I will post back. I hope it all was one time deals and they just had a bad weekend. Note to management: Please feel free to look at my profile, you can match my reservation and verify the times/dates of my stay if you want to look at the issues we had in order to make sure they are addressed.

Room Tip: I have stayed from floors 5 to 9, from normal rooms to the suites, from the middle or the hall to th...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank ITGuyATX
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Plaza Hotel San Antonio North Stone Oak, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Thank you for your recent feedback and for your continued patronage. We work hard to deliver great value and exceptional service and can assure you that we've made no change in that commitment. In fact, we are expanding our "dinner" reception to include a variety of new items based on feedback we've received from our guests.

That being said, I was concerned that you were somewhat disappointed in your previous visit and we certainly regret that. We're grateful, however, for the opportunity to restore your confidence in us and look forward to serving your lodging needs again!

Michael B.