“Great stay!”

Ranked #3 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Spokane, Washington
“Great stay!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Excellent hotel! Very clean, staff was super friendly and helpful. Has a gated security parking garage which is a real plus. Rooms are large and comfortable. Free hot breakfast topped off a great stay. Highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
SALADO
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Pleasant staff. The whole lobby smelled of hot fresh popcorn. The rooms were clean and spacious. Awesome water pressure from shower. The beds were normal drury beds(not the most comfortable but not rock hard either). The outdoor pool is heated and they have two Jacuzzis. Frankly, the entire outdoor pool area was relaxing and fun for adults and kids. The parking garage was great. The elevators were slow so we took stairs the whole time.
I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TROXHEAD
Derby
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I just wanted a days drive from Kansas to get out of the cold and get some sun. We found it in San Antonio, and the Drury Plaza Hotel. We are going to make this an annual trip, to break up the winter. WE stayed 4 nights, and enjoyed the warm sun by the pool every day. The great breakfast, and evening Kickback meal will keep us coming back, as well as the very accomodating staff. Our room was very comfortable and clean. Loved the tiled walk in shower. Little things like coffee always fresh and available, the popcorn always ready and hot, make it a real treat. It's really a beautiful hotel, and reasonable for the features. It also has indoor parking, and feels very secure. Be ready for the Texas taxes. But that's okay, it's a great state, and I'm happy to donate to them.

Room Tip: WE were on the 5th floor out of 10. Which is good. The outdoor pool is on the 5th floor, as well a...
1 Thank DerbyKansaslady
Llano, Texas
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I decided to take a last minute 3 night getaway to SA, and I tried to get a hotel room on the Riverwalk, where we usually stay. I couldn't get a room for less than $250/night, almost everything was booked for the Rodeo/Valentines, I guess, but I am so glad we stayed here instead! I requested a high floor and snagged the top floor with a nice view of the city. This hotel appears almost new, and we had a great experience. The people are very friendly, rooms are large and tastefully decorated, and we slept great all 3 nights. This location is also convenient to wherever you might want to go. Another thing, my husbands room key stopped working and the front desk asked for our ID before she re-programmed the key - you would be amazed at how many times at other hotels we never get asked for ID, they just ask us our room number! Parking is free and convenient - big parking garage makes up the 2nd-4th floors. Nice workout machines, pretty pool, and the breakfast was better than most free offerings. We did venture to the Riverwalk the day after Valentines Day, and everything was so packed and loud. We had to wait over an hour for our dinner seating, walking was impossible - the place is so crowded with teenagers. I guess we are looking for something more relaxing now. We highly recommend this hotel - it is our new home base for our San Antonio trips!

Room Tip: Elevators are in a seperate little wing, so noise should be minimized, but rooms on the end of the h...
3 Thank LlanoSher
Austin
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I was very pleased with my recent stay at the Drury Plaza North in San Antonio. The good reviews here were definitely on target. My room was quiet, the facility was in excellent overall condition, and the staff was helpful, courteous and professional.

I booked online using the Drury Plaza website "websavers" rate. That in itself was an excellent choice. The rate was far lower than comparable properties with similar amenities, and I didn't have to worry about the usual issues if I had booked with a hotel reservation discount site. When I arrived, the front desk was well staffed and quick with their work. When I went up to the room I was given, the "do not disturb" sign was on the door, so I knocked, just in case. There was no answer but when I went in the room was not yet ready for a new patron. Usually, this would be a red flag for me; however, when I returned downstairs to report the issue they immediately apologized and upgraded me to a suite for the same price without any hesitation. I didn't even have to suggest it. BONUS POINTS for them for that.

The evening drinks and food were just alright. I knew ahead of time that I would have limited options as a vegetarian, and I was planning to go out later anyway. I made a salad (not much to choose from though) and had a glass of wine. I saw other guests with plates of pasta with rich-looking marinara sauce (not vegetarian friendly), baked potatoes (yay!), hot dogs and nachos. It's not upscale, but it's certainly something a family could live on if they needed to. Also, the staff there was willing to help me determine if their broccoli cheddar soup was compatible with a vegetarian diet. We discovered it was not - and they were apologetic and asked if I would be able to get enough to eat. Again, bonus points for service and professionalism.

My sleep was good - the bed had plenty of pillow types to choose from and it was comfortable. The suite had a separate sitting area with a couch, table, desk, dresser and second television. Everything was very clean and in good working order. The suite was an accommodated suite so it had some differences. The showerhead was a hand-held removable type. The angle of the shower was too high and not adjustable, so it was better to use the bathtub instead. I assume this was due to the room being set up as an ADA room. I do like the soap and shampoo and conditioner dispensers in the tub area. It's good to know that this hotel is taking steps to reduce plastic waste by eliminating the sample size bottles.

Breakfast was serviceable - not spectacular but certainly friendly and plentiful enough. The oatmeal was notably yummy. Most of the time when I see hotel oatmeal it is runny. This was excellent, thick oatmeal. Brown sugar, raisins and granola were available as toppings. The eggs were certainly food service industrial style - nothing new in hotel breakfast buffets. They also had pancakes, hash browns, sausage, biscuits and gravy, cold cereals, breads/bagels with toasters available, two waffle irons and fresh apples (red delicious - I never like those), oranges (very good) and bananas. My banana was the perfect yellow ripeness - sweet, not tough, no bruises.

While I did not use the pool (too cold) or hot tub (too tired and lazy), the area looked very clean and quite lovely. I also did not use the workout room this time, but I will definitely be back next time and take advantage of it.

The checkout process was simple enough - just turned in my key and went on my way.

I would highly recommend this hotel for all types - family, business travel, or low-cost getaways to a great central Texas city. It's easy to find, it's easy to get on and off of 1604, and getting around the city from there is easy to navigate. It's an easy drive to major attractions but far enough to avoid the usual cost of staying near those attractions. The neighborhood has many stores, restaurants and shops nearby. I never worried about personal safety or the safety of my belongings or my car. All in all, this hotel gets a big thumbs up.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Trooper88
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This was our second stay at a Drury on our trip from MN to TX...our first was in Wichita. This facility is new so, as expected, everything was in tip top condition. The decor is modern, the staff was exceptionally helpful, the rooms large and the furniture comfortable, the beds were very comfortable, the breakfast better than most hotels, and the evening "kick back" was great...saved us going out for a meal after a long travel day. The front desk person (Chatchi) went out of his way to help us in various ways....our visit to the Riverwalk, having his brother in Corpus Christi recommend restaurants when we arrive there, etc., etc. It is clear the staff has an extremely high service ethic. We would definitely recommend this facility to anyone and will definitely stay here again.

1 Thank 2011CamaroSS
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Very nice all around. Breakfast was good. Not able to participate in the happy hour, unfortunately. That would have added to the experience. Property is fairly new so it did not show up on my GPS. After a quick call to the hotel, found out it is right next door to the Drury Suites hotel. Address shows much farther south west. Service was excellent, a housekeeper (didn't get her name) helped me with my bags all the way to my car! I'm sure that isn't part of her job description. Loved the covered parking garage also! Will definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2013