“Great location, good value, outstanding staff”

Drury Plaza Hotel San Antonio North Stone Oak
Ranked #3 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Stayed here for a week as a base to explore San Antonio and the Hill Country. We thought the hotel was great, with extremely friendly, professional staff, from the front desk to the cleaners and breakfast crew.
Good base to get into SA, Riverwalk, Missions. Also to access Enchanted Rock SP, Pedernales Falls SP, LBJ ranch, Austin, New Braunfels, Gruene, Fredericksberg, Boerne and more.
Only took part in kickback twice, as we were always late returning. Breakfast was a little samey after a week, and could do with a better fruit choice than an apple/banana, but we find anywhere is samey after a few days.
Room was spotless, shower good and hot. All top quality furnishings and tastefully decorated.
We moved on after this to a holiday inn, in Houston, which was a real climb down :(
Good access to some nice restaurants, and shops.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank heqwerty

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We needed an overnight place to stay and found this hotel to have the most value for our dollar. We got great KickBack hour (free drinks and snacks), great service, and a very clean hotel. Our kids had fun just walking around the hotel lobby!! Great famiy hotel!

1  Thank 70LucindaG70
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We had a great stay at the Drury Plaza. Everything was clean and the staff was more than helpful. Our suite was a great size for my family of five. The snacks and breakfast were above average. We would stay again!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We enjoyed our stay and the Drury Plaza Hotel in San Antonio. It's a new hotel with great decor, room fixtures and amenities. The free breakfast in the morning was way more than most places offer and the popcorn and free drinks each evening was a bonus. We'd definitely stay there again!

1  Thank StarleneS
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I originally booked this hotel based on tripadvisor reviews and the fact that it was pet-friendly. We decided not to bring our pet, but I decided to stay with Drury Plaza. I was more than impressed by this hotel - and I consider myself very picky when it comes to hotels - I give very few 5's!

The staff were outstanding - so friendly and efficient. The building and decor new and modern. The pool area was pleasant. The hotel was clean (on the last of our 4 nights there, I did find some hair matted in one of the hand towels, but I know it's almost impossible to get all the hair out of the laundry). The free breakfast was not good because it was cold, but the choices were good. The afternoon free food and drinks were outstanding. They gave 3 free mixed drinks, beer or wine to everyone, every evening!!! You could not tell this was a pet-friendly hotel (except for seeing a few dogs). There was no odor.

The location was super. At first I thought we were too far away from everything, but I was so glad we stayed in the Stone Oak area because of the countless choices for food and shops. We were 15-30 minutes from everything: Fiesta Texas, Schlitterbaun, the Riverwalk, the Missions.

Best of all was the very very reasonable price they offered. I saved a lot of money staying here.

I will use Drury whenever I can - I hope they are all this nice. I felt so at home!

1  Thank katrinabrain
Reviewed July 6, 2012

The Drury is one of my favorite places to stay while in SA.Hotel is new & very modern large rooms very clean beds are a little saggy though.Polite staff very helpful go out of way to please you.Plus is all the free stuff you get that other higher priced chains would charge for.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank NATIVETEXANLUBBOCK
Reviewed June 29, 2012

After some problems with a connecting room, Sarah was very helpful in getting my entire family (19) into convenient rooms. The connecting rooms with an oversized standard king is fantastic. More than enough room in our King Suite with bath and kitchenette in front. The other King Suite was a little cramped. Very, very friendly staff. Pool a little small, morning buffet was excellent but evening could use a little more veggie friendly additions. Free coctails not very big but welcome after dealing with 11 small children. Will be better when San Antonio finishes their lengthy construction on 281 and 1604.

Room Tip: Remember to verify your preferences the week of and morning of arrival through the front desk. Sara...