“Good food! (and excellent hummus)”
Review of Jerusalem Grill

Jerusalem Grill
Ranked #441 of 4,671 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Middle Eastern,Persian,Greek and Turkish Food guaranteed fresh
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Good food! (and excellent hummus)”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The place looks clean and I think they have worked on giving the restaurant a middle eastern atmosphere that I personally enjoyed very much. The food was good, not the best middle eastern food I have ever tried (it might be because I'm vegetarian so I didn't get to try the all the meat options) but good enough to recommend it to vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike. The hummus, though...oh the hummus, so delicious! :) I'd come back!

• Visited July 2013

Texas
“Great food, but overpriced”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We had a Groupon which was going to expire. I usually try to use them before the last week in order to avoid the last day rush, but we had been out of town. I knew it was possible that the restaurant would be overwhelmed, and it really was. Our family of 6 was seated immediately, but more and more people kept arriving, and our dinner took a very long time. That being said, the food was quite good. We ordered kebobs and a number of sides. I would have liked more flatbread, but once our food arrived, there was no catching our waiter. It took a really long time to get the bill, and our waiter did apologize for the poor service. I have not marked down for the service, since it was my fault for going the last day of the Groupon, but I felt that the food was overpriced. I might go again with just my husband, but never with the family.

Visited June 2013
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Still looking for good Middle Eastern food in SA!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The food was just average. The muhammara tasted like it had ketchup in it. The Labne was straight out of the container. The grill for 2 was supposed to have 3 skewers of meat, there were only a few cubes. If you don't know what all this is SUPPOSED to taste like, you would think it was good. Once you have had good Middle Eastern food, you will find this place average at best.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delightful surprise!!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Dive for sure, but the food is outstanding! Felt like mom's kitchen. Wait staff was great. Ate here for a graduation luncheon of 11 & our bill was $200. Homemade hummus, succulent lamb-delicious!! We will be back!

San Antonio, Texas
“Not sure what the hype is ...”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My parents and I went here based on many good things we heard about this restaurant. Menu looked good and we all ordered something different. I ordered the chicken kabob sandwich, my father the beef shawarma over hummus and my mother the kabob plate which included salad, hummus and rice. We understand the food takes a while since everything is cooked fresh so that was not a big deal for me. Waiter was short and not friendly but again, that's not a big deal for me either.
We get our order (from a different waiter) and it's wrong. Mine included pickles which I do not like and asked for no pickles and my mother got the same sandwich I got instead of the plate. We had been waiting for a while and were very hungry so she reluctantly accepted the sandwich. We had waited enough. They did offer to bring her what she had actually ordered but we did not want to wait for another plate.

The food, in my opinion was just ok. I go to Pasha's Mediterranean Grill (the one at Wurzbach) at least once a week so it is my comparison to all other Mediterranean restaurants in San Antonio/US that I go to and this, was no Pashas. Don't really think I would come back.
They were kind enough to bring us each a dessert due to the mix up and that was nice to do. The desserts were good. Overall I think the food, service and restaurant are average for sure.