“Delightful surprise!!”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Middle Eastern,Persian,Greek and Turkish Food guaranteed fresh
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Dive for sure, but the food is outstanding! Felt like mom's kitchen. Wait staff was great. Ate here for a graduation luncheon of 11 & our bill was $200. Homemade hummus, succulent lamb-delicious!! We will be back!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

My parents and I went here based on many good things we heard about this restaurant. Menu looked good and we all ordered something different. I ordered the chicken kabob sandwich, my father the beef shawarma over hummus and my mother the kabob plate which included salad, hummus and rice. We understand the food takes a while since everything is cooked fresh so that was not a big deal for me. Waiter was short and not friendly but again, that's not a big deal for me either.
We get our order (from a different waiter) and it's wrong. Mine included pickles which I do not like and asked for no pickles and my mother got the same sandwich I got instead of the plate. We had been waiting for a while and were very hungry so she reluctantly accepted the sandwich. We had waited enough. They did offer to bring her what she had actually ordered but we did not want to wait for another plate.

The food, in my opinion was just ok. I go to Pasha's Mediterranean Grill (the one at Wurzbach) at least once a week so it is my comparison to all other Mediterranean restaurants in San Antonio/US that I go to and this, was no Pashas. Don't really think I would come back.
They were kind enough to bring us each a dessert due to the mix up and that was nice to do. The desserts were good. Overall I think the food, service and restaurant are average for sure.

Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Just as the name suggest this place gives you a feel of Mediterranean food, music, and ambience. Serving size was quite a bit so make sure how hungry you are before ordering.! The prices are affordable so you can relish the delicacies. And yes don't forget to try different type of baklava!

1  Thank snehal_tatsme
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I can't imagine someone just happening on this place! You have to know where it is, and apparently many people do! I met a friend here for lunch and all of the tables and booths were filled in minutes. I ordered a kefta gyro (though I ended up with a beef gyro that was still good!)with a side of labneh and my friend ordered a lamb gyro with a side of baba ghanoush. We also had an appetized of fried cauliflower. All of the food was amazing. The servers were very attentive and made sure our glasses were never empty. What I did like is that all of the servers help each other. It wasn't like waiters were assigned to tables and would pass by empty glasses to just take care of his tables.

As another reviewer said, many of the patrons were Middle Eastern, and it is a pleasant experience to hear Arabic spoken and played on the television as you eat. This place is very laid back, and they didn't push us out when we finished and visited for a pretty long while as the restaurant lunch rush cleared out.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Some of the best hummus I have ever had. Lots of choices...all was good! The location is OK, but don't expect world class decor. We ordered the family meal which was more than we could eat, but gave us the ability to try a number of different dishes in one setting. We will definately be back!