“Great pizza”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
“Great pizza”
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Had the PESTO pizza instead of the traditional red sauce. I have to say that it made this great pizza even better. Signed up for their emails so I can come back for a free pizza on my birthday! WOOO HOOOO!

• Visited August 2013

Texas
“Outside of Italy, my favorite pizza”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Whenever I have a need for pizza, Grimaldi's is my choice. The only thing that makes it even better is the Tuesday night 1/2 price wine. I love going to Grimaldi's with my husband and friends. It's great for lively conversation, great pizza, and wine. The crust isn't too thin or too thick. It's just right. I feel a little like Goldilocks when I say it, but that's the only way I can describe it. It's a perfect choice for a casual night out. Don't expect to pay Pizza Hut prices. You do pay more for quality. The small is plenty for two people---3 pieces each. We take our leftovers home for another meal. Enjoy Grimaldi's; just make sure you leave me a table for Tuesday night wine night!

• Visited August 2013
North Texas
“No A/C!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We visited in late June of this year. My son recommended Grimaldi's to us during a visit to SA. When we arrived there was a wait but not extensive. Once seated we realized it was extremely warm in the restaurant and there were strange looking blowers placed around the dining room. We asked our waitress and she said the a/c was out and that was the temporary air source. It was uncomfortable but we ordered appetizers and drinks.

I felt for the waitresses and waiters, it must have been a real challenge to work in that environment, and forget the kitchen! Our waitress forgot my appetizer but our pizza was really good as was the salads. I will definitely try this restaurant in the future but only if the a/c is working!

Why would this restaurant stay open in the summer with temps over 100 degrees?

San Antonio, Texas
“Great.... Again!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

No Change from my last review. Great! A pizza like NYC. It is true they charge 20% than it should cost, but you can't find too many pizza places outside of New York City. I have to say for many reviews who say it's not New York Pizza, those people are probably from Long Island, New Jersey or upstate New York. Long Island and upstate are part of the state, but not part of NYC, very different mentality and culture. Of course it would not be something they are familiar with. For the record, Long Islanders think they know everything and as far as Pizza, they are dead wrong. I would recommend "Dough" for them because it's right up their ally.

You have to go here. You have to try it. You wont be dissapointed

San Antonio, Texas
“Great pizza outside of New York”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

It was nearly 50 years ago when my wife and I had our first pizza in Greenwich Village, New York. We were convinced that it was the only area in the United States for "real pizza." Since we moved to San Antonio six years ago, we tried several local pizzerias, but only one measured up: Grimaldi's. We have visited the place now probably half a dozen times, what impressed us most is the consistently good pizza and the good and fast service. Our favorite is the traditional pepperoni and cheese pie and we always order a large pizza for the two of us making sure that we have enough to take home with us for the next day snack.
Yesterday we visited Grimaldi's again, and there were no surprises, only a good pizza.
Highly recommend for tourists as well as locals.