“Hampton Inn San Antonio”

Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio / Northeast I35
Ranked #111 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Atlanta, United States
“Hampton Inn San Antonio”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Convenient hotel located right next to interstate. Very nice and comfortable rooms. I always try to stay at Hampton Inn when I travel, because no matter where it's located you can be pretty sure what to expect when you get there. The company does a good job standardizing the quality of the experience regardless of which of their hotels you are at. And this one is no exception - I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Corpus Christi, United States
Reviewed November 1, 2013

This is one of the nicest Hampton Inn's I have ever stayed at. I will definitely stay here again! The desk staff is exceptional! The rooms are very clean and modern. My wife and I truly enjoyed our stay, even if it was for one night only!

Concord, CA, United States
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We celebrated our 60th anniversary visiting the sights in Texas. Our stay at the Hampton Inn(s) made this a special vacation. Because of the experience we re-joined the Hilton Honors club. Will stay at Hampton Inn(s) on our future trips. Outstanding in all respects.

Oregon
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Clean, quiet (at least on the backside away from the freeway), and very convenient to the I-35. Lots of food nearby, plus only a 15 minute drive to the downtown and Riverwalk. They had some trouble with the toasters at breakfast, but otherwise a near-perfect lodging experience. This location also has an especially spacious and well-equipped fitness center. Super-fast WiFi too.

Room Tip: The freeway side looks like it would be pretty noisy.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel. The breakfast was great and also till 10am which was great for me because I like to sleep in a bit. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I had to fax a few items in the morning and the front desk agent helped me with a smile on her face! The hotel is very clean and well kept. I will definitely stay here when I am back in San Antonio!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Billingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

This is typical of the Hampton chain, clean and comfortable with helpful and friendly staff. It is in a good location for the missions and downtown San Antonio, with an excellent road network on the doorstep. The train tracks are not too far away and a room to the rear may be better if you are a light sleeper. I was at the front and they did not disturb me.

Breakfast must qualify as the worst I have ever had at a Hampton. If food ran out, you had to wait until fresh was prepared, it was poorly presented and did not look good. The staff member in charge seemed to disappear for long periods of time and was not at all friendly. She talks the talk, but doesn't walk the walk.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chrisclough
England
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The inn itself is very nice. The staff is friendly and helpful. It is the usual Hampton standard. In this ŷou would not be disappointed. Our only problem is the not-very-good quality of the breakfast. We were here 3 mornings and were disappointed in the breakfast every morning. Either there was none of what we wanted, or the food did not look very nice. The morning that we got lucky and they had waffle batter, there was only some artificial butter type spread that tasted like vomit, and no sugar free pancake syrup. As a matter of fact my husband was very ill with an upset stomach one morning after eating oatmeal. The inn is good, but be careful about breakfast. Stick with fresh fruit and toast.