“Clean and comfortable”

Ranked #106 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
California
“Clean and comfortable”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

In town for business and usually stay at other hotel chains but this location was convenient to my conference. Bobbi was very friendly and made me feel appreciated to be a guest at their hotel. I will definitely visit this hotel the next time I am in town. Wonderful and healthy breakfast choices as well.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Went down to San Antonio for a night and stayed here with my family. The hotel itself looks new and is very neat and clean. The rooms are nice size, not big not small. I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the restroom, which was a pretty good size, meaning my knees didn't hit the door while sitting on the toilet; some are really that bad! lol The bed was comfortable hence no backache in the morning. The hotel is right off of the highway so I requested a room in the back to avoid the traffic noise at night, which worked out perfect; peaceful as can be; not to mention we felt like we were the only ones staying at the hotel that Sunday night! Even though I'm a Hilton Honors member I didn't get the free upgrade I'd asked for, which is okay; apparently they only give those to Diamond members. I wonder how many stays I'd have to have before I get to THAT status! lol All in all the hotel was a great value. The only two complaints I have, which are huge ones to me, are that the complimentary hot breakfast, which is great because it's free, but the food wasn't to say the least in my opinion. Now, my husband and my two little boys thought the food tasted pretty good, which is a plus, but I didn't enjoy it. The only thing I thought tasted good was the orange juice; although I didn't have any waffles! Also, anytime my family and I go out of town we love to get in the pool and hot tub. I chose this hotel specifically because it had an indoor pool. Well, the pool are was too cold for us to swim. I don't get why they air condition pool areas...it's supposed to be at least a little warm don't you think?! Furthermore, there was an issue with the hot tub not be "hot." Apparently there had been some type of renovation of the hot tub and pool and there was a note on the door which explained why the hot tub would not be warm. I don't remember the reason but it was unacceptable for us. It really put a damper on our stay at the hotel. The hot tub was just as cold as the pool which is not a good thing. It could have at least been luke warm!

Room Tip: Don't ask for a free upgrade unless you're a Hilton Honors Diamond member and ask for a room...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Oahu, Hawaii
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We stayed here for a week. It was a great location for the military base(which is what we were there for), airport, shopping - (the Forum is very close) Plenty of restaurants, not far from downtown/ riverwalk area. The only problem is traffic on I35 is terrible, but thats pretty much anywhere in Texas.
The hotel itself was very clean, new, and comfortable. Your typical hotel room. Breakfast was great! Huge selection and a wonderful staffer who kept it clean and stocked. They had cookies and hot beverages through out the day available in the lobby. The cleaning staff was wonderful. I would stay here again. Plus they do an awesome rewards system if you travel often.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
laredo TX
Reviewed August 16, 2011

what can i say about this hotel
pros: the room, the staff, the pool, the bed, and the overall feel
cons: the train noise at night, the eggs on breakfast, the door connecting to the restroom needs to be fixed and the smell of the room was murkey

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Illinois
Reviewed July 27, 2011

This hotel must be close to being brand new. Everything was perfectly clean. The beds were comfortable. My highest regards go to the gentleman working the breakfast area on Tuesday morning, July 19. He could not have been more helpful or friendlier. He really made my day. Location is great - not far from downtown San Antonio, and not far if you're headed to the Schlitterbahn or towards the Austin area. Highly recommend! If you're looking for dinner - head north on I 35 approx. 10 minutes or so to Rudy's for BBQ! Yummy!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank BaseballFan5
miami
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Great stay clean rooms , friendly staff , pet friendly, and great Breakfast ham eggs,waffles!
great value!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank miamiman1967
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 23, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel several times for business. It provides quick access to all major highway and overall it is great place to stay. My only reccomendation is that you stay on the back side (East facing) part of the hotel. A train rolls through there several times a night and is loud.

Room Tip: Ask for a East facing room.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business