“Don't judge a book by its cover”

La Hacienda Inn Alamodome/Riverwalk
Ranked #137 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

As soon as I pulled up I thought to myself, "oh hell no, my stuff is going to get jacked." I stayed two nights and loved everything except the parking (the picture is accurate). The staff was extremely accommodating, the room was gorgeous and the bathroom was really clean. The next morning I drove around and realized the neighborhood was actually very pretty. The neighborhood seemed safe enough and even charming (after my initial shock).

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Atanwright
KNIGHTSSANANTONIO, Owner at La Hacienda Inn Alamodome/Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you for your time to give us a comment. We check every room every day. Just very very few few days we donot. Your Comments makes us keep on doing right things. Yes the neighborhood is poor but have been very fine until now. You did judge it right. Thank you Once again

Reviewed June 11, 2013

The ad makes it look and sounds like it is down by the riverwalk. Well, it isn't. We finally found it in a very bad rundown part of town. We decided to give it a try anyway. So after paying for the room, we went upstairs to find it had not even been cleaned since the last guest left. Towels laying around, bed unmade, etc. We left and went to a decent ( of course we had to pay more) hotel downtown. I will never stay at a Knights Inn and can not believe Trip Advisor gave it a good rating. Someone must have been paid to write those reviews. I have trusted Trip Advisor to steer me to good place. I am wondering what I will be walking into next with my other reservations. Shame on American Legion for listing it on their website also. Live and Learn.

Room Tip: Beware of Knights Inn. You get what you pay for.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank seva39

Apologise for the Mistake from our side. The two Rooms were left Dirty Due to shortage in housekeeping from previous day (A Common practice in every segment of Hotel Industry ). The desk person did not check on that particular room and Rented it to you. This should have not happened but it does happen, it is inevitable in ANY segment of the hotel industry. You just dropped the keys and left without giving us a chance to correct our mistake. You would have just given us a chance to show you and prove that it was an honest mistake and we can correct it. Neighborhood is poor not bad but have proved to be safe till now.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We wanted a place close walking distance to the Alamo Dome.. Got it! Market close by with a oddities shop and a great hamburger place called Marks Outing close by.The room was clean staff nice. NO its not fancy but great room with all you need especially if your only going to be out enjoying what the town has to offer! Great Location !

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights and it was not the best motel we have slept in.
The room is ok, not very clean as you can find hair that do not belong to you on the floor, the first day no one was cleaning up our room so we had to bring our trash out of the room by ourselves and breakfast is compared to other motels "nothing" - only coffee, no fresh milk and some mini muffins. Thats all.
The area around seems not very safe but I think that´s just the first impression, we were walking there at night and it was ok. The view out of our room showed very old houses you could not imagine someone is living in there but they acutally do!
Near the hotel is a railroad and so you can definitely not sleep very well at night because of this incredible noise. Everytime you fall asleep you will wake up by this noise and of course all the dogs in the neigbourhood are barking all night. I love dogs, but if I cannot sleep for 3 nights .....
The a/c in the room is very loud so you have to chose, a/c on and no conversation or sleep possible or a/c off and it´s getting hot!!!
The WiFi was working very well!

All in all, the stay was ok, the price was fine for this area and you could walk to the Riverwalk Center but I think next time I would stay in another hotel and pay a little bit more.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Maybe driving past the hotel and into a bad area of town late at night, set the tone. After seeing all the burglar bars, I was a little concerned. However, the hotel was clean, had comfortable beds, and provided a restful night....except for the kids we heard running down the hall at about midnight. Don't be expecting a full breakfast, but for the price, it is fine. The hotel is near the Alamodome and convention center. It was certainly better than paying $300 for a place to sleep and shower!

Room Tip: Maybe downstairs might be quieter....
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I have never stayed with Knights Inn. I have to admit that I was quite reluctant to do so.

As other reviewers have stated, the rooms are quite nice. The linens are clean and fresh. Rooms are services regularly. The televisions are very nice, beds are comfortable, and there is a hairdryer and coffee maker in the room.

The staff is not the "typical" staff of a hotel. They are not necessarily friendly, but they weren't rude either. We needed more towels, we asked, we received. There weren't any smiles, or hints of appreciation for the business, but it was effective service. The hotel manager called me on the day of the reservation to confirm that I was coming and if I needed directions. That's good service, if you ask me!

There was an event at the Alamodome on the day we arrived. Traffic was unbelievable. From the airport, it was easier to go all the way down to I-10 East and then head North on New Braunfels Avenue up to Commerce. (Just a hint, if you need it.) It was a twenty minute walk to the entrance of the Alamodome from the hotel.

There are six rooms on the bottom floor and maybe twelve on the top floor. We were on the bottom floor and experienced no noise disruptions from other guests. The back of the hotel faces a bad neighborhood. The windows have bars. Every now and then, a car with the stereo on will park behind the hotel with the radio on... full blast. I didn't feel unsafe, at all. But this was a disruption from time to time.

The continental breakfast is quite limited. There is coffee, bananas, apples, danishes and muffins. It is on a tiny table next to the check-in desk. It is... small. But sufficient. Don't expect a waffle maker and fresh juice. But for the price, I couldn't have been happier.

If in the area again (for a day or two) I would definitely stay at the La Hacienda Inn again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I made a mistake and booked 2 rooms for 2 nights in February when I wasn't staying until March. I received a call from the owner and she asked why we did not check in. I explained that I did not realize I booked the hotel for February instead of March. She was kind enough to rebook us for our March trip and did not charge us for our mistake. There are not many (if any) motel owners who would extend this courtesy. We just got back from our stay and I happily recommend this property. Our room was just as the pictures show and we had a delightful stay. Bed was very comfy and we liked the close proximity to the Riverwalk and Alamo Dome.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple