“Great Texas BBQ in a no frills setting”
Review of Rudy's Bar-B-Q

Rudy's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #81 of 4,629 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Far West Side
St. George, Utah
“Great Texas BBQ in a no frills setting”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

One of the places we ate while in San Antonio for a HS graduation. We were there with family. Rudy's had a great reputation for good BBQ and it lived up to it. This one sits just off the 151. It almost looks like an old gas station. Nothing fancy here. It is very typical of many other Texas BBQ places. You walk through, order and get your food. They have both inside and outside tables. They are just long tables, dishes are wax paper that you lay on the table. Plastic silverware or fingers. No frills and very basic. Food was great. BBQ was awesome. The creamed corn, a Rudy's specialty, was fantastic. Best we've ever had. We'd go back just for the creamed corn! Good, reasonable priced eating out option without any extra frills.

Visited June 2014

Dallas
“Pretty good barbecue for a chain”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I don't know if I was just hungry from walking around SeaWorld all day but the brisket and creamed corn at this location was the best I've had at any Rudy's.

Visited May 2014
Houston, Texas
“Finger Licking Good”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I always eat too much when I go to Rudy's and I lick my fingers, I just can't help myself. It's that good!

Visited May 2014
San Antonio
“Great BBQ!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Very good BBQ. Pricey -- but you have to expect that with the price of meat these days.

The "creamed corn" is REALLY good.

• Visited October 2013
Puerto Rico
“Awesome BBQ”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

I'm not a BBQ expert and this was the third place during our vacations. It was the bomb.
The Pork Ribs are flavorful and full of meat. Yet, the Chopped Beef was the hands down the best. No words... just got to try it.

As for the sides, I was going straight for the beans (always like texas-style). They gave us a sample of the their cream corn... and of course I change the side. Very good.

Atmosphere is country style. So if you are looking for a BBQ "restaurant".. then stay out and don't look for an awesome meal.

• Visited May 2014