“Delicious and Messy!”

Neighborhood: Far West Side
bakersfield
“Delicious and Messy!”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Generous helpings of flavorful beef, ribs, and "chop", delicious sausage, potato salad and their famous CREAM CORN!
Served Family style in a crate with butcher paper & paper boats. Perfect for a messy family fill-up!

Visited November 2012

Edmond, Oklahoma
“Did not leave me chanting "Rudy!...Rudy!...Rudy!"”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Caveat: with Kansas City as home, there may be a bit of a bias to KC BBQ!

Having been in San Antonio for business for the week and having some time to burn on my final day, I asked several folks at the resort where I was what local eatery was not to be missed on my way to the aiport...unanimously, I was told Rudy's. Not being one to argue with the locals, I headed straight for the gas station to fuel up and enjoy Rudy's bbq all in one stop - now that is Texas hospitality!

Upon walking into Rudy's, I was welcomed with a sample of their signature creamed corn...SOLD! That would be my side of choice. As for the meat, I was not starving, so I did 1/3 pound of brisket and a slice of bread.

The creamed corn was absolutely delicious and should not be missed - it could at least be put against the cheesy corn bake at Jack Stack BBQ in KC for a debate! The brisket, however, left me wishing I was back at home in Kansas City. It was dry and not overly flavorful. Thankfully, Rudy's sauce is pretty darn good and helped cover up the lackluster execution of the brisket. It is my expectation that there are better meats to be had at Rudy's. If in the area, I will definitely give Rudy's a second shot - just not the brisket!

If you ever need recommendations on solid KC BBQ - do not hesitate to ask!

• Visited November 2012
Orange
“Best in San Antonio”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Rudy's is the best BBQ in San Antonio. The brisket is delicious. The baby back ribs melt in your mouth. The creamed corn is the best, and the cobbler is the perfect desert.

Visited October 2012
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“The food brings you in, the experience brings you back”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Rudy's has been around for some time. It is primarily located within Texas cities. The Bar-B-Que is awesome. The method of delivery is incredible. You get your own plastic tray (a 6 liter bottle holder), your meat fresh cut by hand infront of you, your plate (butcher paper) and you are on your way. For fun, take a virgin (someone who has not been to Rudy's before) with you and watch the welcome from the staff. It is fun and Awesome food at a great price. The meat (normal types of Bar-B-Q, brisket, ribs, porkloin, smoked turkey, chicken, etc.) is all available. Desserts are good. Worth the trip to find one.

• Visited November 2012
McAllen, Texas
“BEST BBQ!”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We have a Rudy's Bar-B-Q down here and I love it so we went to the one in SA and it was of course as delicious and if not just as good, even a little better!! The baby back ribs, brisket and sausage is delicious!! We tried bill Millers in the past and was a BIG dissapointment!! We will keep going to Rudy's!! Don't think you can ever go wrong!!

Visited October 2012