“Overprice & Food is Nothing Special !!!”
Review of Auden's Kitchen - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sigma
Description: New restaurant in SA owned by renowned chef Bruce Auden
Reviewed November 22, 2012

It's way over price for what you get. The flavor of the food was nothing special just average. I don't get it how the Fried Chicken is the Critic Choice because it seemed dry & overcooked almost like they re-fried it because it was dark & not golden + the lemon pepper was overwhelming. I ask the waitress if the lemon pepper was overwhelming & she said no but it was for me. For 2 pcs with so so mashed potatoes was $17, I can get better at Church's definitely at Earl Abel's. My husband had the Fish & Chip's & said it was average nothing special & he's had lot better & it was $15.
We felt it was way overprice for the average food & small portions. I would not recommend this place unless you like to overpay for average food.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Everything is good, classy, and unpretentious. Bistro-like atmosphere.
Start with the Cinco martini, try one of their great and nice priced wines.
Don't miss the: beet salad, fried chicken, egg sandwich, and anything else that looks, sounds good.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

The recommendation by the concierge stated that the owner was a four time nominee for the James Beard Award. All five of us were very disappointed. Decor is interesting, but minimalist. Menu purports to be American comfort food. I ordered a bottle of wine. The wait person was new and obviously uncomfortable with wine and the menu. She attempted to open the bottle without presenting it; cork broke; the individual responsible for assisting/training her opened the bottle. Vintage did not match that on the list.
I ordered the shrimp bowl with noodles. The shrimp were deep-fat fried!
Chicken marsala with pasta was just average. Very disappointing evening.
Unfortunately, I could not recommend.

1  Thank Jeffrey S
Reviewed September 19, 2012

There were several of us in a private room. I do not know if that made the service slower. Several of us had the shrimp tempura, and it was good. The salads and pizza were reported to be very good. I was torn in the rating between average and very good. The service was pleasant but was unbelievably slow. We waited forever for the check. Finally, several people had to leave and went to get their checks. Some of us remained, and the check still did not arrive. We did have to find someone to bring us a check. Unpleasant ending to a fun lunch.

1  Thank RoseSA
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We have never had a bad experience at Auden's. Great service and delicious food. Wood fired pizza a favorite for my husband and I almost always get their fried chicken. My only wish is that they would change the chicken on the kid's menu. Most little kids prefer it without the bone in it and bones can be dangerous for the toddler set.