“New York Style Pizza”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Description: 210-496-3500
Description: 210-496-3500
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Went out to Julian's for the first time today. I must say I was very impressed. Many places in this city promote "New York Style Pizza" and this is one of the first places that I have seen that delivers. They have great lunch specials that include a drink. I will say when I saw the price for a slice I thought it to be a little on the high side, but once the slice was delivered I could not believe my eyes. Incredible slice of pie. Light, not greasy, and best of all foldable. Just like in NYC. Other members of our party had the calzone (huge), chicken Parmesan (nice lunch portion), Italian sub, and the Stromboli which looked delicious. Walk up counter to order but they bring your order out. Great attention to making sure everything was to our liking.

1  Thank maddiescoots

Reviewed March 2, 2012

I had Calamari, Meat Balls, and Eggplant Parmasan. Food is fairly ordinary. I heard Pizza is very good. Will try next time. Calamari was a little overcooked for my taste. You order at the front counter, they give you a number that you display at your table like Carl's Jr. That was a surprise. We tried a bottle of the house Merlot. Exellent wine.

1  Thank Finer-things-n-life
Reviewed November 30, 2011

We get the pepperoni mushroom. It's always delicious! Great crust. Not a fancy place, but it's clean, friendly, and the food is good.

2  Thank JK_SATX
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Pizza is a curious food item and everyone has their own prefernce at preparation. Me? I want it like I remember it back at Piquads in Chicago. REAL pieces of "stuff"...not pre-packaged this or that, tons of gooey cheese, and slices that flop over if you try to lift 'em up by hand. Dis is Da Place closest to that kinda pizza in this southwestern city

3  Thank TexasRaf
Reviewed January 13, 2011

We love this Italian pizzaria/restaurant. The lunch specials are awesome with lots of choices at great prices. The pizza is delish. Be sure to sign up for the email specials, which are ample and make dining very reasonable. We love the Sicilian salad, which is more than enough for 2. My favorite is the pizza and lasagna. I usually dont order lasagna at restaurants as my homemade fare is always better, but Julian's has me totally beat. Super yummy! The staff is friendly and efficient.The dining room is simple but comfortable andhas a comfortable bistro atmosphere. The owner, Julian is usually there and strives to make sure that his guests are happy with the food and service. This would be a perfect place for Diner's, Drive In's, and Dives to visit, as the food is so good and the restaurant holds a sort of charm.

1  Thank fltexan5