“Best BBQ in San Antonio”
Review of 225° Urban Smoke

225° Urban Smoke
Order Online
OR
Order Online
Ranked #88 of 198 Quick Bites in San Antonio
Description: We are a Texas BBQ Restaurant with a Cajun Twist.
Description: We are a Texas BBQ Restaurant with a Cajun Twist.
Reviewed August 1, 2019 via mobile

If you’re looking for authentic Texas bbq this is the place. They have everything from smoked brisket, chicken, turkey to delicious sandwiches. The prices are great and the portions are big. I had the smoked chicken with 2 sides, Mac and cheese, potato salad. And for dessert we had fresh beignets. This is a great family run restaurant. Stop by and and try everything, you won’t regret it.

Date of visit: August 2019
Daniel J, Owner at 225° Urban Smoke, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2019

Write a reviewReviews (9)

Reviewed August 1, 2019

I had heard great things about this restaurant and had to see for myself. I was very pleased with the service. The food was fresh and had great flavor. The lemonade was great!

Date of visit: August 2019

Reviewed July 14, 2019 via mobile

First, I am so thrilled to write 225 Urban Smokes first Trip Advisor review. Back in San Antonio after an 8 year absence, we stumbled upon Urban Smokes when we went for lunch earlier in the week in another restaurant in the same shopping plaza. I saw lots of men going in and somehow got the incorrect idea that it was a shop for all things smoking. Boy, was I out in left field. Upon further research, I found that yes, smoke is involved, but that 225 Urban Smokes was a very newly opened BBQ restaurant with a cajun twist. So today, my friend and I decided to try it for a late Saturday lunch. The restaurant was more than half full, but there was no line to order. The menu is prominately displayed at the front and there printed copies as well. You walk by the carving board and the steam table on the way to the order and pay stations. Once you order and pay, you get your drinks, cutlery, etc and grab a table. Servers bring your food to your table. Which brings us to the most important part - the terrific food! I ordered the 2 meat combo with brisket and pulled pork with green beans and mac n cheese. My friend ordered the brisket with red beans and potato salad. Both meats were tender, juicy and tasty with just the right amount of melty charred fat goodness. Yum! My mac n cheese was well above the norm, but the green beans were outstanding with lots of bacon and onions. They were the bomb. My friend loved her potato salad, which was a traditional cold salad not the hot as advertised on the menu. She said the red beans were good. The plates came with some lightly pickled onion slices and a slice of white bread. Ivreally liked the onions. We shared an order of the beignets and the came hot and covered with powdered sugar. I liked them and would have liked some cinnamon with the sugar. The portions are large and I saw a lot of people taking food home. We asked for a taste of the chopped beef and it was so good that ordered one to go for my husbabd. Their carryout business also seems to be thriving. The menu has plenty of choices. Friendly and conscientious service. Indoor and outdoor seating. Will be back for sure.

Date of visit: July 2019