“Thought we had to bring home the 3 lb cinnamon roll”

Lulu's Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #141 of 4,692 Restaurants in San Antonio
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed October 31, 2013

All the hype, not warranted. Place is definitely a little on the rundown side. Cinnamon roll is lacking the cinnamon big time. Thought we needed to take one home for the kids since we had seen it on Man vs. Food. With the extra frosting spent $10 to bring one home. Two days later it is still sitting on the counter with about 3 bites taken out of it. Definitely a disappointement, clearly bigger is not better on this one.

3  Thank QBT
There are newer reviews for Lulu's Bakery and Cafe

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I learned of this restauraunt from Man vs. Food and decided that when we visited San Antonio that this was one of the places to visit.. Wrong...what a hype!!! First of all the place was very small and not very clean..The floors were very dirty..Secondly, I was contemplating on buying the 3 lb. cinnamon roll, but when I saw that the adjacent table had ordered it and did NOT eat all of it, I'm glad I changed my mind..The roll was in fact hugh enough, I mean really really hugh, however, it looked really dry too. The food that we ordered was ok, and really big porportions, however, I just couldn't enjoy myself, because of the flies and the dirt. I will not be going back. Thanks Adam for the hype!!!

1  Thank scarp62
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

I had read about their famous cinnamon bun but no one mentioned the size - 3 pounds! One delicious cinnamon bun can feed a large family. It is served hot and gooey and worth the visit. The rest of Lulu's breakfast offerings were as delicious - the breakfast taco was great and unless you are a huge eater, one is sufficient! The cinnamon bun cost as much as the rest of the breakfast for two of us.

1  Thank jodygs
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This place was featured on Man vs. Food. Recommended by the hotel and we couldn't believe the size of portions (and reasonable prices). The Cinnamon buns are famous and at 3 lbs., was so delicious we had to pack one in our suitcase to take home. Even the senior portion of the chicken fried steak with 2 sides and a dinner roll the size of your fist was more than we could eat. If you want to get away from the pricey places on the Riverwalk and like the "diner" atmosphere, this is the place for you!!

1  Thank FlaHoneymooners
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We visited Lulu's because of the man v food show and was glad we did, it was everything we thought it would be, with great food and special service. It was busy but for me that says they are doing something right. The 3lb cinnamon roll was simply outstanding and we loved every bite. I was glad we walked there as the walk back into San Antonio along the river certainly helped work it off!!!

1  Thank chefy123456