“Great Hotel in North San Antonio”

Staybridge Suites Stone Oak
Ranked #181 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My family and I visit San Antonio about 3 times a year and we have stayed in many of the Hotels in the Stone Oak area. This time we decided to try the Staybridge Suites. We had such an excellent stay that from now on we are only staying here. What a great Hotel !!!
Rooms are very spacious and clean. The hotel is in like new condition, from the carpet to the furniture to the beds.
We had a double suite and my kid used the sleeper sofa so the 4 of us slept very comfortable.
And last but not least.....the Staff ! Very friendly and always smiling and trying to help.
I recommend this hotel to anybody travelling to San Antonio.

Room Tip: Try the One bedroom suite instead of the studio for more space and comfort.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Check-In/Check-Out - A
The front desk was very friendly at check-in, told me where everything was and about any activities that were on the schedule during my stay. Check-out could be skipped entirely, but it only took a second to have a receipt printed if desired.

Room - B
Clean, spacious, and modern with a desk, couch, coffee table, and kitchen with bar. The only negative was that the air handler was located at the foot of the bed. If the air was always on or always off, this wouldn't be a problem, but when it cycles on and off, you either need to turn the volume on the TV up or down. This was worse than the traffic noise and even made sleeping an issue. The room safe was only 5" x8"x14", and doesn't fit much. To nitpick, the windows had not been opened and there were cobwebs between the panels. Some of the light bulbs were also out. The bathroom was clean, some basic toiletries were provided.

Location - B
Compared to major cities, I found even the heavy weekday traffic near the hotel to be quite bearable. The highway itself is a pain since you often have to go beyond your destination and U-turn to get back. There's a sign near the parking garage stating "Remove it, lock it, or lose it." This isn't very reassuring.

Value - A
Overall I was pleased with this hotel. I would've preferred to be in a room where the air handler was somewhere else, but I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MartyMcSuperFly
Albert E, Social Media Rep at Staybridge Suites Stone Oak, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Thank you for your recent review regarding your visit to our hotel. We are glad to hear our staff was attentive to your needs, by providing local information. We are currently looking into the few items mentioned regarding your stay. We look forward to your future stays.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

This was a great hotel! We stayed there for a week. The suites were big, had everything we needed. Three days a week they have happy hour with food and drinks in the lobby. The breakfast was great every morning. The rooms were clean, updated, and were comfortable. For staying in a hotel for a long period time this is the place!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent review regarding your visit to our hotel. We are pleased that our hotel was able to meet your lodging needs. Also, we are glad you had the opportunity to enjoy our social hour and breakfast. We look forward to your future stays.

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed three nights with my husband and 22-month-old. We had a two room king suite, which was nice because we could shut the bedroom door and let our son sleep in the living room. The little kitchen was well-appointed and the bed was comfortable. If you need a bathtub ask for one, because our room had a shower and we didn't notice until we were all unpacked. Breakfast was good and had a nice variety - good coffee and the waffles were yummy. All personnel we met were friendly. Hallways were quiet. Saw lots of pets but didn't hear a single bark out whole stay.

Cons:
Tiny bathroom
Excutiatingly slow elevators
No restaraunts in walking distance
Doors slam loudly
Log drive to downtown

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I am very disappointed in this property with the front desk over this past weekend. I chose this property based upon the reviews here on Tripadvisor.com. I know reviews are subjective and should be taken with a grain of salt, but I rely heavily on them. I did an "advance purchase" on IHG.com for this property. I reserved a 1 bedroom Executive on the 5th floor to have private access. I chose this property because it is newer. My wife and newborn checked in on Sunday afternoon, around 3pm. The young-lady at the front desk was not enthusiastic, did not recognize me as an IHG member. In the past I was an Ambassador member, but not with not much traveling anymore I am back at the original membership level, but I should of been recognized and thanked for business. She asked for my credit card, which I told her I already "advance pay" and also I confirmed if there is a crib in the room already (made a previous note of this) and she said there was not so she had to get someone on the walkie talkie to make arrangements. Out of all the hotels in the area that I got to choose from, I chose this one, but if I didn't advance pay I would of left immediately. No help with baggage because she said that she cannot find the luggage carts anywhere, said they were missing all day long. Check-in on the 5th floor, very small 1 bedroom room, I think Residence Inn suites are bigger. The "Executive Lounge" is very small, computer doesn't work - got the blue screen. Wireless access is slow, I mean slow, cannot get any business work done for my company. I had to use the downstair computers, which the keyboards were missing there little "feet" on them to elevate. Breakfast is okay. One of the housekeepers did not help me with the crib, just left it in the room while I was carrying my 3 month old and bags. Only one staff member said hello to us during our stay. Check-out on Tuesday as planned. I wanted to complain about my stay, but same girl was there so couldn't complain about her to her. I was looking around for a manager, but couldn't locate one. I am planning to write a letter to corporate telling them how disappointed I am in this property and especially the front desk lady who shouldn't be working in hospitality. I don't think what I paid reflect the service I received and will be asking for a refund. Take it from me, a world traveler, not to stay at this property, there are better places around.

Room Tip: The 5th floor is consider "executive," have separate key access to the floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Albert E, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Stone Oak, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Thank you for bringing to our attention your most recent stay at our hotel. I want to personally apologize for not meeting your expectations. We pride ourselves in customer service and value everyones opinion. We would like to take this experience and use it to better improve our service for future guests. Please contact me to directly should you need to discuss this further.
Albert Estrello

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Very nice hotel & rooms, great staff, good food…but with fleas, lack of personnel and not so clean. (If you are not traveling with a dog be careful, this is a Pet friendly hotel and you can experience the same problem as we did)

Hi, we searched for Suites with kitchen in San Antonio near Stone Oak, and visited several hotels. The Staybridge was better than the rest: new, modern and the service was very good.
After the first night passed I woke up and found out that I had between 20 to 30 bites from an insect (I don’t know if it was fleas or Bed Bugs). We were not very sure this was something regarding the hotel so we asked to change rooms. In the second room my wife took a 30 minute nap and when she woke up she had bites on the side she was sleeping. So we got out of the hotel and will never return. The Staff was very kind and helped us with this issue.

Another problem that we found is that after 5:00 PM there is only one person responding for all the thing in the hotel so if you need something and he is busy or with another guest you will not be attended on the right time….

Also you can see trash bags on the hallways, (similar to guest putting out the room service trays….)

We hope this can help the hotel and the future guests.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Albert E, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Stone Oak, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you for once again bringing the information to our attention. We are currently working on the information you have brought to us and we will continue to research your concerns. Feel free to contact me with further questions, i'll be more than happy to assist you.
Albert Estrello

Reviewed August 19, 2013

WOW! What a property! I travel quite a bit and have stayed in many different hotels in my lifetime. I can honestly say that this property was a world-class property and one of the nicest, most thought out properties I’ve ever encountered. There are many other choices in this area (Stone Oak/Hollywood Park area), but I can tell you now, you’d be doing yourself a disservice if you pass this property up. The value is incredible. I was amazed at the quality of the finishes and at how upscale the property appeared. It is obviously a newer facility, but they staff has done a great job of maintaining it. It is amenity rich with a large workout area, an extremely fancy pool (for this class of hotel), a gratis laundry facility with plenty of machines for all, and many spacious areas for which to work or relax. The deck around the pool is incredible and something you usually find in much richer properties. The pool deck has dozens of sofas and lounge chairs to be used for entertaining or for a unique work setting. There are several smaller indoor meeting rooms (not convention size, but a place a cozy conversation with associates or a snuggle with the mate). It is a non-smoking facility and for me, that was a positive thing. For those who smoke, there are ample facilities outside that can be utilized for such recreation. The underground parking garage is a extra perk and it’s nice to know your car is sheltered from the hot Texas sun. The staff is incredibly efficient and professional. I don’t normally remember names of associates, but two names stuck out on my last visit to this property: Caroline and Jason. They exemplified how every hospitality chain should be run. The entire staff – from housekeeping and the “breakfast bunch” to the desk staff – are attentive and prompt. The only complaint I might be able to lodge against this property is that I have to leave! It was so nice that I was starting to think that I was already at home. Thank you Staybridge staff for such a great visit.

Room Tip: Fifth floor is the "executive level". Limited access (key card required) and usually the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business