Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk-Downtown
$119
$266
$239
  • Restaurant
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
$98
  • Breakfast included
Omni San Antonio Hotel(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
$159
$149
Hotels.com
$240
$206
  • Restaurant
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$196
Hotel Contessa(San Antonio)
$153
Travelocity
2,256 results
All reviewsevening receptionthe river walkluke restaurantmade to order omeletscorner suitecocktail hourvalet parkingfree happy hourshort walkseparate bedroomsan antonio riverwalkfree drinkscomplimentary breakfastbeautiful hotelliving areavalet servicefront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I had a few things that I really wanted when choosing a one-night stay in San Antonio. I wanted a nice pool. I was disappointed that the pool was quite small and could only hold a handful of people comfortably. The towels ran out while we were there and a guest had to go looking for staff to come and take away the overflowing used towels to replace them with new. I was hoping for a nice variety of food for the evening reception. There was nothing special here, only some tortilla chips and hot sauce, a little fruit and cheese and an unusual salad. We should have skipped this. I also wanted a balcony with a view of the river walk. Don't stay here if you are looking for a nice view. We could hardly see the riverwalk and there was only one chair on the balcony, anyway. With four staying in our room, we could not enjoy the balcony.

On the good side, the breakfast was good and our room was clean and ready. The lobby is beautiful and the hotel is convenient to the river walk.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Kaymace
Joe M, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay experience. I am happy that you enjoyed the location of the hotel, the quality of our breakfast and found our lobby to be beautiful. I certainly apologize that you were not satisfied with the variety of items that we offer at our evening reception nor the size of our outdoor pool. I hope that should your travels bring you back to San Antonio you will afford us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

I had high hopes with the mixed reviews. I agree that Hilton Honor members (diamond) are not treated with any regard, which we don't need, but its nice when I use their hotels a few times a month. When we checked in we asked if there was a river view room and the young lady at the desk just said no not today. She was honestly quite unfriendly and acted as though we were a bother. We were fine with out the view. One tip, do not stay at end of the hall by the housekeeping doors. They are in and out all the time, nothing but doors slamming.

As for the rooms, hmmm they have a decent amount of space but need upgrading! The decor is a bit old fashioned, Victorian style. I was hesitant to sit on the couch because it seemed dirty. The floors felt as though there was a film on them. The comforter is awful and seemed dirty as well. The showers looked and felt dirty. It was as if you were in a beach restroom shower. Very dirty looking, I didn't was to go anywhere near the drain... Unfortunately there was a dirty dusty sock behind the bedroom door on the floor. (We found this the next day and it surely wasn't ours. Air conditioning is a bit up and down as well.

It is true that the lobby is nice but we were in and out the whole time and only saw it when coming and going. We were not told about breakfast or any amenities when we checked in. When I asked for a river walk map it was vague and didn't have hardly anything on it.

Location is good. Although it is not on the main part of the river walk where things are it is not far. I made the walk several times and even walked to the Tower of Americas and El Mercado. Bit of a hike but I didn't mind since I was by myself most days.

We wouldn't stay again. I saw a lot of places that were much better options. It's a shame for being an Embassy Suites. I give it 2 stars because I have seen worse although those are usually lower end hotels.

Room Tip: Check the cleanness of your room. Stay in the middle hall if possible.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Joe M, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay experience at the hotel. I certainly apologize for the challenges that you encountered during your stay at the property. We take great pride in the product and service that we offer and I am sorry that we failed to create for you the exceptional experience that so many other guests have enjoyed. I have shared your commentary with my management team so we may learn from where we failed you. Thank you again for the feedback and I hope that should your travels bring you back to San Antonio you will provide us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

This is my second stay at the Embassy Suites and I know I will always be staying with them on my future travel. This location was great on the river-walk perfect to grab a bite or just relax. The room size is big, enough for 4-5 using the pull up sofa bed. We had everything we need and the breakfast is wonderful with a huge selection including made to order omelets. The parking is expensive $27 per night, I parked across the street at the meter since after 6 it's free and on Tuesday free at 5pm.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
2  Thank Hanadi M

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay experience at the hotel. We are very happy that we were able to provide an experience for you that exceeded your expectations. The Embassy Suites brand is built on our spacious guestrooms, made to order breakfast and our evening reception. These pieces coupled with a great Riverwalk location really create memorable experiences. Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to having you stay with us again during a future visit to San Antonio.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

We have stayed at many hotels on the river walk, and we did enjoy our stay at the Embassy Suites. The good things first. The lobby is very nice! Lots of light and is a great place to meet up with people or for a drink before or after dinner. The restaurant Luke is fabulous and we enjoyed everything we had the three times that we ate there. It is highly recommended! The negatives are the rooms. The layout and space was fine....it was just the cleanliness. The shower stalls could use a intense scrub, and the rest of the place needed a good detailing. I got the feeling that the cleaning crew gets in and out as fast as possible, and it is really starting to show! I don't think we would stay here agin, but we would definitely go the restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BellsTexas

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay experience at the hotel. I appreciate your feedback both positive and constructive so we may continue to enhance and maximize the guest experience while on property. We take great pride in both the quality of the service we provide and the cleanliness of our property and I sincerely apologize that we fell short in the cleanliness area during your stay with us. Again thank you for your feedback and I hope that should your travels bring you back to San Antonio you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Won't go there again. Hilton Honors members not treated very well. Went for our Honeymoon, didn't even offer to upgrade to a nicer room, no parking comped...nothing but a fruit plate that looked like the left overs from the day. Really thought they might try and make our Honeymoon a little more special.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at the hotel. First allow me to congratulate you on your recent nuptials. I apologize that we were unable to offer you an upgrade during this special visit because of occupancy levels in the hotel. A member of my team will be reaching out to you to discuss your experience with us. I hope that should your travels bring you back to San Antonio that you will afford us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.