Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk-Downtown
Ranked #14 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed January 6, 2014

The hotel location, size and arrangment of the suite, breakfast selection were all great. The things that kept the hotel from getting a 5 star rating from me were: 1. The trash can in our bedroom still had trash from the previous guests in it. 2. Each morning at breakfast the 1st plate I picked up had dried up egg yolks on them. 3. No complimentary wifi. 4. Parking is too high at $27 a night. The wifi was probably our hugest complaint especially after going to Macy's, Texas Land and Cattle and the Iron Cactus whose wifi is all complimentary and I wasn't spending $200 a night at their locations. Also upon check in, the desk clerk immediately let me know they showed I made my reservation through a "3rd party." I've never had this brought up at any other hotel I've stayed with and I usually do book through 3rd parties. When the wifi would not connect, I spoke to the desk again and they brought up the "3rd party" reservation again and said that's why we could not have wifi without paying an additional fee. Apparently if I had booked through HHonors it would have come with the room. If complimentary wifi is one of the items you look for, make sure and book through the hotel website. It's also a good idea to call the valet for your vehicle in advance. One day it took 30 minutes to get our car.

Room Tip: We stayed in a balcony room overlooking the river and pool on the 10th floor. The room was very qui...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,171)

Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Embassy Suite never disappoints. For the amount spent on the room nightly $159) there is always a great atmosphere for families to gather around in and spend time down in the elegant commons area. This particular location was more upscale then others and that's probably due to it being on River Walk and down town. The breakfast is awesome and the manager special with snack bar and free alcohol beverages seals the deal. Embassy Suite is my home away from home. Very elegant setting this one.

The only issue is they never bring enough face cloths even though their rooms are made to sleep 6. They know how many people are booked to a room and should supply cloths based on the amount checked in. But if you ask they will bring more with no problem.

The suite is large and spacey. Bedroom available in 2 queens or 1 king. The living room area separate from the bedroom is a good teen hangout and the couch pulls out to a bed and gives room for 2 more to sleep.

Love this hotel and this is the only hotel that I will book if it is available.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Customerserviceamust
An EasyToBook.com traveler
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed January 5, 2014

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Thank An EasyToBook.com traveler
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Stayed here for 5 days and loved the location and the hotel. Nice breakfast every morning with very friendly morning staff. I know some people complained about the valet parking and the price but they must not travel much. The price was reasonable for the area and the parking very convenient. There were times we retrieved/left our vehicle multiple times and the attendants were very efficient. They knew the area, offered dinner suggestions and were very friendly even when it was swamped down there. Tip them, a couple bucks can return the mood. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floors and riverview.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I normally stay at another hotel right on the Riverwalk when I visit San Antonio, but because of the make-up of our group this time, we needed a "suite" set up. So based on TripAdvisor reviews, I chose the Embassy Suites Riverwalk, got a very good AARP rate, and was very pleased with the experience.

The room was spacious and very clean. The location is further down the Riverwalk, but it's really only a few minutes longer to walk to get to the restaurants and shops. In addition, being a bit further down, it is nice and quiet. I especially appreciated that factor as we stayed over New Years Eve and didn't hear any of the partying on the Riverwalk.

The included breakfast buffet is predictable, but quite good. There are lots of choices, and the staff keeps the entire area very tidy, even with lots of people going in and out. We didn't try room service this trip. The Embassy Suites Riverwalk is also a very short walk to Alamo, which was our primary destination as we were hosting a friend who had never been to Texas before.

The only negative associated with the hotel was that as we were leaving, I asked the valet for directions to Market Square. The directions that he gave us were completely wrong and took us in the complete other direction. I sometimes wonder if the valet guys at hotels do that on purpose just for chuckles.

At any rate, I would definitely recommend this hotel, and will stay there again when I need that kind of set-up.

Room Tip: Whenever you are in San Antonio, ask for a Riverwalk view. You'll enjoy it.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I stayed here because the wedding I was invited to was in this hotel. I was pleasantly surprised with my room which I found to be roomy and comfortable, especially the bed. The staff was always friendly and helpful. The free breakfast and happy hour daily were better than average. The hotel bar and restaurant had a great wine list and good food. Yes, it is on the Riverwalk, but it is just river and concrete, however, the Alamo, shops, restaurants, and parks are all within a mile of the hotel. My only complaint is the lack of self parking. At $27 a day valet parking makes the stay a bit more expensive, but other hotels in the area may be similar as parking in the area is very limited. I enjoyed my stay at this hotel.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

When you stay central the advantage is walking distance to attractions, you'll get that here. Prices are higher, valet parking is required and rooms are smaller. Food at the nightly welcome reception is reasonable quality as is the breakfast. The only downside is the hotel isn't clean enough! Breakfast areas are understaffed for the volume of guests and our room carpet had obviously not been vacuumed after the last guest. (Clothing tags, food debris and a few small pebbles were the give away here). Decor in the rooms is lovely, bathroom toiletries are mid range and the in suite fridge/microwave would be handy if you need it.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family