“Best value in a wonderful tourist city!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk-Downtown
Ranked #15 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Virginia
“Best value in a wonderful tourist city!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

One of the best value hotel I have stayed in 2013. The room is spacious and clean. I spent in the suite most of my time for work and it provides a very comfortable environment. View is great. The best part is all the perks this hotel offers. Their breakfast is good with lots of selection. The chef definitely know what they are doing and provide good service. Waiters and waitresses are helpful and efficient. More to come is their manager reception in the late afternoon. Usually other embassy suites only provide simple food and crappy drinks. This Embassy Suite offers Margaritas, regular mixed drink, beer and wine. For food, instead of just the Chex mix, they have freshly cut fruit, salsa dip, veggie dip and cheese plate! I really feel like I am going to another cruise.
Staff are quite helpful too. When I first arrive, I don't feel like to park there as the parking costs $27 not including tax. The staff allow me to leave the car outside and watch out for me so that we can put our luggage in the room. By the way, you can park the car in the city parking garage which only costs $9 for 24 hours. Even you need to drive your car out some point and pay another $9 for another 24 hours, it's still a better deal.
Overall, this hotel really offers the best value!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Joe M, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk-Downtown, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay experience at the hotel. The Embassy Suites brand is built on several key pillars including the atrium, 2-room suite, complimentary full cooked to order breakfast and the evening reception. I am very happy that you found all of these key elements exceeded your expectations. When you bundle it all together it is really difficult to find a better value when you are travelling. Thanks again for your feedback and I am glad we could be such a positive part of your stay in San Antonio. We look forward to seeing you again in the Alamo City!

Joe Melton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Korean first
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This Embassy Suites was a mixed-bag for me, because there are some super-amazing things about it, and some not-so-great things as well. I will say that the PROS ABSOLUTELY OUTWEIGH the cons, but the Internet connectivity is a deal-breaker for me. I frequent HHonors hotels, so I feel like I have the background to give you an honest review.

PROS:

- Amazing housekeeping and bell staff. Every single one of these staff members were kind and attentive. They were super-friendly, kind, and eager to help out customers with genuine concern.
- Beautiful furniture and bed. The room was clean and what I have come to expect from Embassy Suites. The shower was also amazing.
- Wonderful, downtown location right next to the Riverwalk. You couldn't ask for a better spot!
- The general manager took care of me beyond my expectations. This was a very pleasant surprise, and it was very much appreciated. Because of this, I will probably give this location another chance when I return next year. Kudos to Mr. Melton.

CONS:

- The Internet did not work, and no one knew how to fix it. I spent almost three hours with tech support until I finally troubleshooted the problem. AT&T (the company handling Internet for the hotel) said that an open problem ticket had been open for over a week (Ticket Number 167380675) and still had not been addressed on-site. The front desk staff was largely dismissive over the issue, and I found their attitudes to be on the negative side. If you run into problems with the Internet, begin with that trouble ticket number and go from there. It will save you a lot of time.
- I do want to remind people reading this review that Mr. Melton did address the attitude of the front desk staff and the Internet connectivity concerns with me with both speed and understanding. It's not often you get such a positive and understanding response from a hotel, and he will be the reason why I will be returning.

OVERALL IMPRESSION:

If they get the Internet fixed (this is a 100% deal-breaker for me), this will be my GO-TO place in San Antonio. I'm looking forward to trying it again for my business needs.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for the highest room possible.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank rikerwt
Joe M, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk-Downtown, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay experience at the hotel. I am glad that I was able to assist you in addressing your concerns as a result of your previous stay with us. I can say that in working with AT&T the power supply issue that resulted in the outage on the floor of the hotel your were occupying has been resolved. I want to sincerely thank you for the feedback regarding those members of the team that did an exceptional job as we want to recognize solid service performance. Thanks again for your feedback and when your travels bring you back to San Antonio we look forward to you staying with us again.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stayed 4 nights here in May of 13. We had a great experience. We were in town for the TDA convention and it was perfect for work professionals. They give you a complimentary breakfast every morning- coffee, bagels, eggs, bacon & sausage.. even made to order omelettes!
Also, 5:30-7:30 is happy hour! Free booze and cheese plates :)

Rooms are clean and BIG. Some have 2 bathrooms.
I will definitely stay here again. It's an updated hotel too!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for the feedback regarding your recent stay experience. I am thrilled that we were able to provide you an exceptional stay and that you enjoyed all of those key elements that makes the Embassy Suites brand so popular. I hope that when your travels bring you back to San Antonio that you will stay with us again.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Hotel refused to refund room reservation made through Expedia for friends who had to cancel their trip due to the death of a business partner. They blamed each other each other. I will never use Expedia or Embassy Suites again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Joe M, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk-Downtown, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay experience at the hotel. Our goal is to be part of great memories created while visiting San Antonio and I certainly apologize that we failed to achieve that during your recent stay with us. A member of my management team has reached out to you via the email address on your Hilton Honors profile as we would like to further discuss this matter with you. Thanks again for your feedback and I hope that we have the opportunity to interact regarding your recent stay experience.

Fort Worth, United States
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We would stay there again. The rooms were quiet and clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was nice with kids. The hotel was convenietly located with in walking distance to shops and restuarants.Our only complaint was the hot tub was not working.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Clackamas, Oregon
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We were in San Antonio for 3 nights - stopping for the Race for the Cure on our way to New Orleans.

Two room, king suite was nice. Furnished in a traditional décor. Room was quite & clean. From our windows, we had a partial Riverwalk view.

I wished breakfast had more variety, after staying a couple of days - I get tired of the same breakfast. I liked the cooked to order omelets. Evening reception was limited to vegies, chip snacks & drinks.

Enjoyed Riverwalk & the many restaurants.

I would stay here again if I was staying in San Antonio.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Baxter, Minnesota
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Just spent three nights at the SA Embassy Suites Riverwalk and I have nothing but wonderful things to say. Everything, I mean everything, was perfect! The room was beautiful, the breakfast was AWESOME (made to order omlettes each morning), and the Manager reception each evening was a great way to rewind after a long day at my conference. Richard at the front desk was the best! He was so knowledgeable and gave spot on advice about where to go, what to do, where to eat. He represents the hotel wonderfully! Embassy Suites is fortunate to have him. A few days at the SA Embassy Suites Riverwalk and some 70 degree temperatures was exactly what this Minnesota girl needed after the longest winter ever. A+++

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business