“Impressed once again....Beautiful Hotel & Friendly Staff !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk-Downtown

Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk-Downtown
Ranked #15 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Impressed once again....Beautiful Hotel & Friendly Staff !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

I stayed at the Embassy Suites Riverwalk in September and I was very impressed with the Hotel and the staff, that when I was making plans to visit San Antonio again in December I knew where I wanted to stay! I was impressed once again!! The hotel was decorated beautifully for Christmas and it was a little busier then when I stayed in September but this didn't stop the Valet, the Bellman , the front desk staff or any of the staff for being attentive or friendly.When my family and I arrived at the hotel we were greeted by Jesus Manager of Valet. Vernon N brought our luggage upstairs he always goes out of his way to make sure we have everything we need and makes our family feel comfortable .We feel Vernon N is an asset to this Hotel and an employee like him make us want to continue staying at the Embassy Suites.We always opt for a bellman to help us bring our luggage to our room since we travel with our 2 year son it makes it easier for us. We are very impressed with the service we get at this hotel!! We arrived on a Friday evening the front desk was busy but, we didn't have to wait long to be checked in.We were greeted by Tiarra she was very friendly . We stayed 3 days at the hotel and on all three days the staff was friendly . Kelsey was at the front desk on Sunday night when I had questions she was very helpful, friendly and has a great personality ! We love staying at the Embassy Suites on the Riverwalk the rooms are always clean , the hotel is beautiful, the staff is friendly , we love the Manager's reception in the evenings, the complimentary breakfast in the morning is a great start to our day.Rudy is very nice and the guys that made our omlets were very friendly and make great omlets! We love staying on the riverwalk and we love the riverwalk veiw from our room. We always bring our 2 year old son with us when we travel and the Embassy Suites Riverwalk always makes us feel like he is welcomed . We ordered room service and the food was delicious and reasonably priced and the ladies that brought our food up to us was on both nights were very nice. We will continue staying at the Embassy Suites on the Riverwalk when ever we have to travel to San Antonio . I don't have anyhing negative to say about this hotel. There isn't too many hotels you can stay at that offer free drinks whether bar brands or not every evening and complimentary breakfast every morning where you can order an omlet to your liking and that the hotel is clean and beautiful with a friendly staff that is always at the front desk .We also enjoy the chips, salsa , fruit and etc served in the evenings with the complimentary drinks and my son enjoys the gummy bears , too!! Thank you Embassy Suites Riverwalk for a great stay !! P.S there is also, computers and a printer that we were able to use to print out last minute directions.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Seghers K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Korean first
South Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

Just back from a three night stay with my wife and MIL for my a graduatin at Ft. Sam Houston. Realized a 2 bed 2 bath suite was less than two rooms and was very happy with the choice. We had the king bed, my MIL had a slightly larger room with 2 queens, each had its own bathroom and in between was the living/dining/kitchenette area which had a balcony overlooking the Riverwalk. View was nothing worth paying extra for, you can only see a small part of the Riverwalk. Room was a classic style hotel room, nothing special.

Breakfast was a fairly standard hotel buffet with an omelette station, traffic signal sign showing how busy it would be at each hour was cute and accurate. Managers reception was chips and salsa, cheese and crackers and fruit and veggie platters. Pre-mixed drinks were watered down, better off withdraw a well drink, draft or wine. Better yet go to Luke the in-house restaurant between 3-6 for 1/2 price local brews and $0.50 oyster and empanadas, a truly great happy hour.

Lobby was large and modern and seemed unusually bright, elevator at Luke's takes you to Riverwalk taxi stop, cross at street level if you plan on walking because restaurants are on the other side of river, location is not central but just a short walk from the start of the restaurants.

Overall a good experience.

Room Tip: Riverwalk view is not worth paying extra for.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank BrlDsguise
Durham, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

This hotel is conveniently located for me when I'm in San Anotonio for business. The rooms are nice and they are quiet. I'm a gold member for Hilton but there didn't seem to be any additional amenities. At 10:00 at night while I was falling asleep there was a knock at the door and a hotel staff member gave me 2 bottles of water and a bag of chips not apologizing for it being so late. I could have used the water earlier. The manager's happy hour has had the exact same food for the past 2 years including a container of gummy bears, really?? I guess many people are there for recreation and not business and bring children although I didn't see any kids during my stay.
The room rate was high but for me I paid for the convenience of being able to walk to my client. They charge $27.00 per night to park - valet only.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Sally D
Joe M, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk-Downtown, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay experience at the hotel. We strive to ensure that the MyWay amenities selected as a benefit of your status in the HHonors program are delivered to your suite prior to arrival but unfortunately we failed to achieve that goal during your stay. I certainly apologize for the inconvenience of the late delivery and hope that when your travel brings you back to San Antonio you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Joe Melton
Sutton, Nebraska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

We left our vehicle with the valet on Wednesday evening before Thanksgiving, but when we came to pick it up Thanksgiving morning, it was gone! Hotel video showed that someone had brazenly walked right up to the front doors, walked around our vehicle twice, then hopped in and took off with it. Fortunately, we have On-Star, so the vehicle was located and an arrest made. These things happen....the valet service itself was extremely apologetic and detailed our vehicle for us once we got it back (it smelled like drugs). They paid for a cab to take us anywhere we needed to go while we were recovering the vehicle. What was disconcerting was the Hotel's attitude toward the incident. Their initial reaction was to ignore it and then sent a sales person to explain to us that it was not their responsibility - they subcontract the valet service. My husband is a Hilton Honors member and filed a complaint. Only then did we finally receive a message on our room answering service with an apology from management. They agreed to take the last two nights off our bill. What a disappointment in customer service!
That being said, the hotel itself is beautiful and located right off the riverwalk. The historic Majestic Theatre is within walking distance, as is the Alamo. The rooms are spacious and clean, and the maid service was very friendly and attentive. The valet service made us a top priority and went out of their way to make the rest of the stay enjoyable for us. If it hadn't been for the Hotel Management's initial reaction to the theft and lack of customer service, I would have gladly given this hotel 5 stars.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank nfordSutton_Nebraska
Pineville, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

I am so pleased I chose the Embassy Suites for my recent stay in San Antonio. The room was large and very clean. The free internet truly was "hi-speed," as advertised. The manager's nightly reception was very enjoyable and even had live music. The hotel is on a less-traveled part of the Riverwalk, so it's not noisy at all, and it is only a short stroll to the restaurants and shops. The trolly that takes you around town stops directly in front of the hotel and leaves approximately every ten minutes. Therefore, you don't have to take your car if you don't want the hassle of parking. I was there the week of Thanksgiving and was able to enjoy the Christmas boat parade. My reserved seat was conveniently located only steps from the hotel's entrance to the Riverwalk. The hotel also provided an open bar and terrace viewing area for those who had not purchased seats to the parade, or for those of us with seats, who just wanted to relax before the parade began. The staff was absolutely wonderful, particularly Vernon N., a bellman, who made me feel right at home. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a great value on the Riverwalk.

3 Thank csmilie
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed here for a weekend in mid-November 2012 for the Formula 1 US GP in Austin. As a result I didn't spend much time in the hotel itself, but what time I did spend there was fantastic.

Parking in this part of San Antonio is somewhat limited. There is a lot across the street where you can pay to park, but I figured if I have to pay, I may as well use the hotel valet. Good quick service there. This hotel is close to the major arteries and within walking distance to the Riverwalk, Riverwalk Mall (including IMAX theater), and surrounding bars/entertainment.

I'd gotten a priceline deal for 25% off, so the room rate was extremely reasonable. My room turned out to be handicap-accessible with a roll-in shower. The room was massive, consisting of a sort of "living space" with a sink/bar area, a table, and then over by the TV a couch and a couple of chairs. Then of course there was the bedroom, separated from the living space by a door and wall, and the bathroom, adjacent to both. Linens/mattress/pillows were high-end and comfortable. There was closet space in the main area, and in the closet was an ironing board and functional iron. Bonus: the room was right across from the fitness area on the third floor, which contained some free weights, a few treadmills, and a few stationary bikes, all in working order and with working media attachments. Speaking of media, San Antonio (at least this part of it, anyway) is a 4G LTE environment so I never bothered with the hotel wireless.

The lobby of the hotel is huge and impressive. The "manager's special" (read: free drinks) at the bar from 5:30pm-7:30pm was great at getting us down to the lobby to enjoy the hugeness and impressiveness. Breakfast opened right on time (6am weekdays, 7am weekends) and was great. The scrambled eggs were a little bland, but if that's a problem for you, there's a couple guys working a grill who are happy to serve you up a fresh omelette.

This was one of my best stays at any hotel, anywhere. I highly recommend the Embassy Suites Riverwalk San Antonio.

5 Thank Will M
Monterrey, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel was part of our travel to Texas with my friends; I have been previously in different hotels at San Antonio and I can tell you this is one of the best options if you´re looking to stay near the river/downtown.
The staff is friendly, the property is at excellent shape and the amenities met by far my expectations. It sure can be a great option for couples, friends, business and family as well. I can´t find another hotel to try for my next visit to San Antonio.

Room Tip: If you book early online, you´ll get an excellent discount making this a great value for your stay.
1 Thank Traveloneusa