Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk-Downtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
  • Restaurant
2,256 results
All reviewsevening receptionthe river walkluke restaurantmade to order omeletscorner suitecocktail hourvalet parkingfree happy hourshort walkseparate bedroomsan antonio riverwalkfree drinkscomplimentary breakfastbeautiful hotelliving areavalet servicefront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We just returned from a family vacation and stayed at Embassy suites. Not only was it a great location from everything in town (Alamo, Riverwalk right next to hotel, restaurants) but the hotel makes a hot breakfast included in price and a great happy hour with some simple appetizers included in price! Our daighter slept on the pull out couch which allowed my husband and myself some privacy in our room. I thought it was a beautiful hotel in a terrific city and would reccomend it to my friends....so why not strangers, too!

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 13, 2012

This hotel is great. My husband and I really enjoyed our stay here. The hotel is very clean! The staff is so friendly and helpful. Everyday there is a buffet breakfast. My husband loved it. There is aan omelet and eggs station. This was great. The omelets were wonderful. From 5:30 - 7:30 everyday there is also a manager's reception. Free drinks and food. Things varied slightly, but for the most part was the same daily. This was a nice time to relax after a busy day and hold us over until our dinner. The rooms were nicely decorated. It's nice to have the 2 rooms. We enjoyed being able to sit on a couch and not have to worry about hanging out on a bed. Hotel is on the Riverwalk, just around the corner from the busy section. This was perfect for us. You could be to the "main" section of the Riverwalk in a 5 minute walk. We felt hotel had a perfect location for ALL that we did. Hope you enjoy it as much as us!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Oh Hilton, I love you but this property let you down
It is a combination of the little things.
Greeting your customer when they roll up to check in. You didn't. Even when I checked out, there was no one at the desk. The obviously rushed young lady was making copies for the guest ahead of me. The phone was ringing, ringing, ringing.

I just wanted to know where to stow my luggage...and no one was around. Finally the young lady came back, and I understand her fluster. She was swamped.

Smile, say hi. I know you may have had a rushed day, but so have I and I still said “hi”

Checking in: Upon entering my room, I noted the place was very large, beautifully laid out, with three separate rooms (bathroom, bedroom and living area/dining table. Gorgeous. But that went downhill when I ordered room service around 1PM. It wasn’t too busy. I SAW the lobby. No one there.
The food:The tomato/mozzarella salad with balsamic dressing was just sad. I may be resigned to tasteless tomatoes (few do it well), but the mozzarella was also bland and so was the dressing! How do you do bland balsamic dressing??? And, in one of my admitted pet peeves, you used bagged prewashed lettuce…that you did not check or rewash once it left the kitchen.
How do I know?
I took pictures of the wilt around the edges of the salad. The chicken tortilla soup lacked much flavor. The cup of coffee was fine. Better than what I got at breakfast.

After the first breakfast, despite it being free I was at Starbucks down the street. Their oatmeal was much better too, as the oatmeal served for breakfasts at Embassy was properly thick the first morning, but a watery gruel the next and only brown sugar and raisins and granola on the side. I love berries, or fruit to be added. Chunky cantalope won't work.

The valet service was a minor bright spot. Helpful and courteous and they said thank you. I remember that. It is a bit steep (29 bucks a day) but given the issue with the street parking meters not working one day, it was my only option.

The cleanliness of the property was another bright spot. The managers reception is fine. A pasta salad, fresh fruit, cheese, wine, beer, tortilla chips. Very nice.

I was stopped by security before being allowed to board the elevator each night, and that is probably a good thing, to keep non hotel visitors out of the guest sleeping areas.

Summary: Look, I want to love you Hilton. I am a fan. I am one of your members. But your property “phoned it in” as they say. San Antonio is a huge conference town, but this was not a great or even a good experience for me. Your kitchen let you down one day, but is started on check in. Say hello, look me in the eye, thank me for my business. Because really, I just want to be reminded of why I am so loyal to you...this was forgettable.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I've stayed at several Embassy Suites in the past and was not impressed once I got past the lobby. This one is new, fresh and fabulous! The rooms were clean and spacious enough. The beds really comfortable. A girlfriend and I needed a getaway and the price was right. We had a suite w/ two queen beds, separate living area and kitchette. Even the bathroom was spacious. We were on the 15th floor with not such a great view but the proximity to the riverwalk was great. Breakfast and happy hour were included and were both fine (although not exceptional). We did require much in the way of service but check-in was quick and painless and everyone we encountered was very nice.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 11, 2012

My husband and I went for a quick weekend to San Antonio (April 6-8, 2012). We stayed at the Embassy Suites Riverwalk. I would highly recommend this lodging to anyone. The managers reception each evening at 5:30 pm was tremendous. Drinks and plenty of food. The breakfast each morning was outstanding. The staff was extremely helpful. We just walked out the door and across the street was the riverwalk. We did not rent a car, so we walked everywhere. The Embassy Suites is within walking distance of pretty much anything you would want to see in the downtown area. It is one of the newer hotels in the downtown area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple