Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk-Downtown
Ranked #15 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed June 30, 2011

I travel a lot with my job and I have stayed at many embassy suites and this one on the riverwalk is great the staff is awesome and the rooms are very clean and fresh the housekeepers take pride in there work its nice to see supervisors take time to assist as well I left yesterday I was on the 10th floor and the young lady was going back and forth busy cleaning always had a smile I only wish the embassy suites in san marcos and the one on I 10 west had housekeeping staff like this

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank faithbelief
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk-Downtown

Reviewed June 15, 2011

We are Hilton Honors members and love staying at Embassy Suites for family trips...but I have to say, even for a fan, this one went above and beyond! The location is perfect; right on the Riverwalk, but just a little removed from the busiest part of things. The hotel is new, with a beautiful lobby and spacious bar and breakfast area. The suites are nice-sized, and are decorated prettier than any Embassy I've ever seen (and we've stayed at quite a few!). The staff at the hotel were always smiling and very helpful. A special shout-out to Felipe, who works the breakfast shift and put a smile on our faces every morning with his friendly personality! We had a great stay and highly recommend this hotel to anyone planning a trip to San Antonio.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank MimifromBama
Reviewed June 13, 2011

This is a great hotel at the quiet end of the riverwalk, but still a very easy five minute walk to the action! They have a great breakfast offering anything you can imagine - even made to order omelets. The evening reception left a little to be desired, but breakfast more than made up for that. Definitely recommend this hotel as a place to stay on the riverwak.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Grangergirl98
Reviewed June 11, 2011

This is a great hotel. We spent 7 nights there. It's a newer property and is on the Riverwalk, about 5-8 minutes walk from the center of the Riverwalk activity and restaurants. As with all Embassy Suites, they have an awesome breakfast and a great 2 hour free cocktail party with some appetizers. We are members of Hilton HHonors and got upgraded to the top floor (17th) with a Riverwalk view. The ones facing the Riverwalk have small balconies with a chair. The room was excellent with very comfortable beds, two closets, spacious bathroom, refrigerator, sink, coffeemaker and microwave. Their was a couch and separate deck. You can connect to the internet via a cable. I believe they had wifi in the lobby.

The only drawbacks were: cost per night before all of the taxes was $ 186.00, parking was $ 27.00 per night valet (they did have a parking lot across the street for $ 20.00 per day), and internet was $ 10.00 per day. Also, we could not get the room as cool as we wanted. It was comfortable, but couldn't get the temperature lower than 74-75 degrees.

Room Tip: Join Hilton HHonors 4 an upgrade to Riverview room
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank iame2
Reviewed May 19, 2011

I had the untimely experience of getting stuck in San Antonio with my spouse after a business trip, San Antonio not being the first place that comes to mind when spending time with a spouse for me, but I have to say that we took a chance on this brand new property and had the most incredible time.
A hotel stay is made of a few key elements and here is my opinion on them for this property:
Cleanliness: Without a question these people know what it means to make a guest feel that they care about the upkeep on this place. There was someone on our floor cleaning everyday during working business hours. There was a friendly employee in the lobby that seemed to love her job and meeting guests. It was just refreshing to see that this was not an area taken for granted.
Location: While not on what they locally refer to as “the loop”, this property is located on the Riverwalk and is just a step enough away to get some well needed peace and quiet from time to time.
Rooms: Fantastic!!! Every room is, again clean, arranged as a two-room suite, which is nice if you want to leave a loved one sleeping quietly in the bedroom as well as spacious in comparison to other properties.
Value: You will pay for parking $29, you will pay for internet $10, but you will not pay for breakfast (everyday) nor the evening reception (again everyday) and while there be cheaper locations in the area, the overall value is unmatched. Great room! Nice view. New property. Free food/drink.
Last but certainly not least in my book:
Service: Unmatched! The valets were polite, and speedy. The folks in breakfast were friendly and always looking to help. My true pleasure came in dealing with the front desk folk. I want to commend several of them; namely Katlyn who always greeted us with a smile, Tim who was both polite and professional, Madison who seemed to know more about San Antonio than I think anyone else on the property and then Ronnie who was introduced to us by Madison as her manager and I have to say this young man is a true professional. He was engaging, professional and personable. He took time to learn about us and the nature of our trip and sought out ways to make it better than it started. If this is the person who is training your team I commend his efforts, job well done. He made sure everyone knew our names and I felt that if we needed anything that he and his team would jump at the chance. The front desk served service like it was the blue plate special and they had to give out as much as they could before the day ended. I am sold.

Room Tip: Book your room and simply ask someone for it.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank HPTravelGuy
Reviewed May 11, 2011

Travelled to San Antonio for a business conference. Checked in to the hotel around 7:30 pm and had no problem dropping the car off with the valet ($27 per night plus tax). Was given a room facing away from the Riverwalk, but it was clean and spacious and quiet so no complaints. Be aware that rooms do NOT have a bath....instead that have a very large shower (see attached photo).

Happy Hour ran daily from 5:30 to 7:30 and bartenders were not skimpy on the alcohol. Daily snacks ran the gamut from veggies and chips and salsa, to several types of cheeses and olives. Happy Hours were well attended and management ensured items were kept stocked. In the morning, breakfast (from made to order eggs to boxed cereals to fruit) was available from something like 6:30 to 10:00 so it never felt crowded. One complaint about my stay was that a few times I picked up a plate to get some breakfast and found it to be dirty. The other is that several times my TV acted up getting service. Otherwise, all good. Hi-speed wi-fi service is $9.95 per night, which seems to be standard in San Antonio hotels.

The hotel is located adjacent to the Riverwalk and is a short walk from most of the 'busy' part of the walk. As a solo female traveler I did not feel uncomfortable walking alone on the Riverwalk. All the major tourist attractions (the Alamo, historic King William District, Aztec Theatre, etc.) are easily walkable from the hotel. The hotel does have a business center that offers free internet to check in and print boarding passes prior to departure.

After visiting the city for business, I've decided I must come back with my husband. Where will we stay? Why, Embassy Suites Riverwalk San Antonio, of course!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Suzski
Reviewed May 11, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this resort for 3 nights last week. We LOVED it!
The compimentary breakfast was fabulous. The evening reception was wonderful. The room was beautiful. And the staff was very friendly and helpful. We loved the location on the quiet end of the Riverwalk, but we were able to walk everywhere that we wanted to go!
The only complaint is that the hotel ran out of regular coffee for the in room coffee makers, and we had to leave very early on Sunday morning, so we missed the complimentary breakfast and were not able to get a cup of coffee before leaving. Otherwise, everything was perfect. If we ever go back to San Antonio we will definitly be staying here again!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple