“Good choice for short business trip”

TownePlace Suites San Antonio Downtown
Ranked #118 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed June 25, 2014

The location and room amenities made this a good choice for my 3 day trip. I appreciated the gracious front desk service and microwave/fridge. The room was very clean but a little small, and might have felt quite small after a few days. My only complaint was that there is little insulation between the room and the halls - from my room I could hear phone calls, televisions, etc from other people's rooms unless I kept the fan on. It is an easy walk to the Alamo and the river walk and a very good value.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
sattdgm, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Thank you for staying at the Towneplace Suites San Antonio. I appreciate the positive comments. If travel permits and you come back to san Antonio I do hope to stay with us.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Great location, near many downtown attractions and restaurants, very convenient to the Riverwalk. Above average lodging. But the main reason I write this review is to give kudos to front office manager Mike Hernandez. Mike was manning the desk when we checked in. Very gracious and professional. Being first-time visitors to San Antonio, we asked Mike for some suggestions regarding restaurant and sightseeing. He said he would give us some ideas when we returned from lunch. Upon our return, we went to the room and unpacked our luggage. While we were gone, Mike slipped a paper under the door. He had taken the time to give us some *personalized* ideas. A couple of day trips, a couple of attractions, and a few restaurants. Even an idea for food in case we did not feel like leaving the hotel. This paper wasn't a copy from the stack in the lobby, but matched his ideas to our desires. He took the time to put extra effort in, and we are impressed and appreciative to say the least.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank James M

Thank you for staying with Towneplace Suites San Antonio. We appreciate the comments. Come back to see us real soon. Thanks Again.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

The hotel is conveniently located, close to the Riverwalk and the Alamo. It has valet parking service. Breakfast is included. The breakfast area is probably a little bit small, and can get crowded, but nothing that would make it impossible to deal with.
Room is small, but has everything. Full size fridge, dishwasher, microwave, desk, sofa-bed. Bathroom is very nice, no bathtub but very nice shower.
I didn't use room service. I did request some shampoo and stuff, they delivered quickly.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Maria--120672
sattdgm, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Thank you for staying at the Towneplace Suites Downtown San Antonio. We are so glad you enjoy your stay. If travel permits and you come back to San Antonio remember us!!!

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Spacious, modern and clean studio room with king bed, sofa lounge, kitchen with full sized fridge and good sized bathroom. The breakfast and evening reception were great. The staff are a credit to this hotel and made us feel at home from the moment we parked the car out the front. The manager was so friendly and helpful as were the valets, and the breakfast attendants. The hotel is in a great location, quick and easy access to the river walk and around the corner from the Alamo. I thought I would be disappointed not staying at a hotel on the river walk itself, but not the case. Great value, super staff and brilliant rate for being so close to the river walk. One of the best hotel experiences, wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank L2TBug101
sattdgm, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Thank you for staying at the Towneplace Suites San Antonio. We do appreciate the comments made. If you come back to San Antonio ,I do hope you stay with us.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

If you avoid Fairfield Inn's and Townplace Suites by Marriott, because they may not be the most consistent stay, this is the best Townplace, I have ever stayed in, still can't believe it is a Townplace Suites. I love the concept of Townplace, small efficiencies, clean with no frills. Problem is, sometimes that means a less than disable local or operation, not the case here. I don't want to over sell this property, but I felt like I was staying at a ALOFT. Full service valet, bellman, professional front desk and well appointed amenities. This property is a stones throw from the riverwalk and downtown San Antonio. Breakfast was adequate, common areas and room was clean. Room was laid out well and spacious, this place was money and the rate was around $100.00, can't beat that. If you have biz in downtown San Antonio, and you don't want to spend the money on the Drury (which may be the best hotel downtown - I know odd), this Townplace beats the pants off both the horrible Marriott Riverwalk and the expensive and Marriott River Center. Try it out, I am positive you will be pleased!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jerrythetraveler

Thank you for staying at the Towneplace Suites San Antonio. We do appreciate the positive comments. If travel permits come back to see us.
Thanks Again

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Drove up along side the hotel, valet parking was ready to take our car (very good price) check-in was a breeze and the property was just as comfortable and clean as promised. The staff is extremely customer focused and the majority of attractions are within walking distance

Room Tip: The north side view will give you a view of the building next door and the dumpsters so not real ple...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying at The Towneplace Suites San Antonio. We are glad you found us for your weekend getaway. I do hope you come back to see us real soon.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

We had not stayed at TownPlace suites before mostly JW's, Marriott's, Residence Inns etc.

This is in a great location about a block from the riverwalk. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Including the valet and manager.

Hotel was clean and common areas were very accommodating.

We had a corner room with king bed and kitchenette and two TV's.

I had heard that this is a pet friendly hotel and was concerned about a animal smell in the rooms. I spoke to the staff and they say they do not have any specific rooms that animals are not allowed in. They said they deep clean the rooms including the carpet after the animal leaves.

If our room had an animal in it I could not tell. Taking their word for it if they do a deep clean after pets then your room will probably be cleaning then the average hotel room.

Like I said I have not stayed at a TP before and was very impressed. Just a smaller version of a residence inn.

We did laundry while there. The machines worked and were clean. The room was clean too.

They do a breakfast and a managers mingle but we did not partake.

Good job staff

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for staying at the Towneplace Suites San Antonio. I am so glad your first experience at the Towneplace was our location and that you will be back. See you soon!