“Very unimpressed - not clean and noisy rooms”

TownePlace Suites San Antonio Downtown
Ranked #120 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

I tend to stay at Marriott properties and usually have good luck. However, this hotel did not impress me. When I arrived, my toilet had clearly not been cleaned and there was some food under the bed. After requesting that these details be fixed, they were cleaned. But, the whole time I was wondering what else hadn't been cleaned.

Also, the walls are very thin. A couple above me must have been on a romantic getaway and celebrated LOUDLY each night at about 2am. I called the front desk after I was woken up one night and was told they would call the couple, but since I could hear everything (I mean everything) in their room, I knew a call had not been placed. When I asked for a change in rooms, they did move me, although it was right next to the elevators. But, I'll take elevators over other noises!

Most other people had great reviews of this place, so I was disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank seejuliego

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I been staying here and it is a very wonderful play to stay and the people are friendly that work here and they good a good breakfest and the pool is nice to swim in and the person that drive the shuttle van is a nice person and the Rome are big and clean and very comfort and that have a store in the hotel and I love stay here and I like it because it close to northstar mall and that good food close by and it really nice place James

Room Tip: Go on cheap hotel .com
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I would like to recommend TownePlaza Suites Hotel in San Antonio TX. I had an awsome experience on my stay there. It is super clean, spacious, good breakfast and the customer service is great. I be back soon!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed Easter weekend, nice hotel near river-walk. Hotel is clean and modern. Rooms a bit on the small side. Valet parking is a bit high at $23/night. Breakfast bar is inthe basement, feels dark (no windows as you are below grade. overall no complaints, would likely return.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel twice for family visits to San Antonio. It is one block from the Buckhorn Saloon and the Riverwalk. This area of the Riverwalk is a happening area too so it is a perfect location. The pool is small but my kids enjoyed it even on a cool day. The evening happy hour on Wednesday & Thursday was nice with free hot appetizers and beer. The free breakfast was great with waffles, eggs, sausages, muffins, yogurt, etc. This is a great value for a family. I also travel for business and would certainly choose this hotel for business as well.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Just returned after a week and I would give it a high recommend,close to the Alamo,River centre and walk,mall,river cruises,Tower of America,Hemisfair park,Gonzalas convention centre,Majestic and Empire theatre,Alamo bus tours,trolley and electronic green and primo buses and retaurants..Landrys seafood,Texas at Brazil,and Lukes(a john besh restaurannt) with the 50 cent oysters at happy hour 4-6pm..kudos to all three with happy hour food and libations.What am I speaking of ?The restaurants are all within one block.,,Lukes turn right on Houston,.find the rest within one block left, turn right and you will begin to experience it all within less than a mile.The hotel has complimentary hot breakfast and all the usual fare,do not miss the managers happy hour 5m-7pm weds/thurs free wine/beer,appetisers.They do not skimp on one serving.The suites equipped kitchen done well.Also houses a small courtyard with soaking pool..need I say more all is wheelchair accessible and so are the sidewalks of san antonio..lovely ,lovely city full of culture and fiesta..and for the cowboy in you, kiddy corner to the old buckhorn saloon which moved 4 times to this location,old and meaniningful..across from Alamo,wax museum,ripleys,guiness house of records,tomb something or other,a whole 2 blocks for the kidos..buy a 4 dollar day pass ride the trolley and other buses all day long and feel the layout,ride the double decker and pay an extra dollarfor 2 days..go the the mexican market by bus the largest north of the Rio Grande,find the Marachi bar and cafe housed a a huge decorated mexican restaurant in the plaza across from the market.(not to be missed ,Terraza?Go to La Vallita a arts and craftsmen square just outsise and across from Hemisphere park after you do the tower..and more and more..AWESOME SAN ANTONIO I LUV YOU..and not to forget these Texans and visitors are very friendly and kind..

Room Tip: bonus discount for seniors/military and if you are 55 plus..rooms seem all ok and not noisy
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank awesometripster
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel twice in the last three years.It is still the best hotel value in the downtown area. Located one & one-half blocks from the Alamo & the Riverwalk, it's location can't be beat.The hotel is well maintained & the staff are efficient & helpful.Melissa is a marvel in the
breakfast room.We know where we will be staying on our next trip to San Antonio.

Room Tip: Back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Wiltz
ttribby, Guest Relations Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

We want to thank you for the kind words you said about our hotel. Your thoughts are important to us, but we're especially pleased when the feedback is positive. We'll be sure to share it with the hotel staff. We try hard to provide the best possible service to our customers and their satisfaction is our reward. The more satisfied customers we have, the more our business will thrive. We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know we're doing something right. We look forward to serving you in the future.