“Towneplace suites Marriott by the riverwalk in San Antonio is one of the best places to stay.”

TownePlace Suites San Antonio Downtown
Ranked #113 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Everytime I go to San Antonio I always stay at the towneplace suites Marriott. I stay here as many as 5 times a year. I would not choose any other place to stay. My experience here have always been the best. Staff is awesome. Rooms are always more than what you expect. Riverwalk is 1 min away and it's rt in the center of it. Bars n sport bars are so close you don't need to walk very far. If you leap you will land on a well know Sports Bar (TICKETS). I guarantee you will like the Towneplace Suites Marriott. I give them a 2 tumbs up. & in my eyes it's a 5 star hotel. Thx!!!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Reymed

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Stayed in a free night from Marriott. This hotel is located downtown. Valet parking only but worth the $24/day. We were really close to all the activities. The room we had was a corner room on the 2nd floor. It was decorated very nicely. High ceilings, two TV's and AC was perfect.
There was some street noise but I didn't notice it ever waking me up.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Lovetennis71
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Friendly staff, clean rooms, and good value for the location. Evening reception and breakfast were both very good. Please note that the hotel has no parking and you must valet your car for a reasonable charge. I would stay here again when my travels call for a downtown location.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank chitxn070
North Richland Hills, Texas
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Dear Rubin,
My husband and I would like to make a few positive comments about your Hotel. First we were greeted by David ( he was GREAT because we were tired from our long trip) at the front desk he was everything that was necessary to start off our stay perfect. He was well informed about the hotel and he had a smile, customer service was awesome, and he was professionally dressed. Also the room attendant and the lady who made our breakfast down stairs was great. Every time we passed the main desk we were greeted great. Every time any of your employees passed us we were greeted and men who parked the vehicles were wonderful also. Our room was great ! Air conditioning worked and the linen was great, and the room was nice and roomy and was sparkling clean. The elevator was great , I never had to wait long for a ride and the whole hotel was sparkling cleaned and the decorations from paintings to carpet was wonderfully decorated. We will be coming back . Thank you so much for a wonderful visit. Linda and Jim Brown

Room Tip: Try This Hotel First You Will Return again and again !
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Linda B
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed August 31, 2012

The following is an email I sent to the Manager of this hotel in response for feedback after my stay.

I am very satisfied with your staff (Victoria and Hector, for example, were awesome) which anticipated needs before I could ask for them. The night I checked in I came to the realization that I had booked the wrong days, but Victoria quickly made the adjustment and even tried to meet my profile preferences. I'm thankful for that 'cause she could've simply given me whatever was most convenient. Hector seemed to always know when I needed my vehicle and even provided tips to get around the area easier. The lady that does the breakfast area was very attentive and my room, albeit did not have a view like I would like, was very inviting and cozy. There is, however, room for improvement. The lights in my room were not working properly (rm #). I didn't notice it at first and it did not interfere with my stay, but it did surprise me. Your breakfast offerings seem too modest for a hotel located in prime real estate. Your staff makes up for it with great attitude, but I wouldn't mind paying a dollar or two more to get a more substantial breakfast that actually beats the competition, not match it.

I do plan to return to your hotel early next year, for I see it as the best option for that area. You are located in the middle of everything and that makes staying there a great proposition that I cannot resist. Besides, I loved your staff.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a view of San Antonio, make sure to mention that when you make your reservati...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Rumberito
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Just stayed here with my husband and our dog. The staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. They were friendly and attentive. The room we stayed in was perfect. Very comfortable and well appointed. They offer free wifi and complimentary breakfast. We would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone wanting a reasonable priced hotel with a friendly staff in a great location.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JulieMC123
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Arrival experience: Arrived around 8:00 on a Monday morning. The front desk staff went the extra mile and asked me whether I’d like to check in. The only room available was 112, a room equipped for the disabled. I accepted the room so that I could securely store my bags.

Room (general): Overall the room is modern and well made. Kitchenette had all the essentials (microwave, stove top, refrigerator, dishwasher, toaster, coffee maker, plates, cups, cutlery…). Good sized and functional desk. Large flat screen LG TV. However, I don’t recommend room 112. First, it was dusty, which tells me it’s not occupied regularly. Second, the room’s windows face the back alley, and a delivery truck woke me up in the middle of the night. Don’t stay in this room unless you’re a deep sleeper.

Bathroom: Good size, but disability options reduced counter space. The shower is wheelchair accessible but allows water to go all over the place. The shower controls were broken, but I managed to fiddle with them and get them to work.

Bed: Good bed.

Houskeeping: This room needed a good dusting. Otherwise, housekeeping was average.

Restaurants: n/a The free breakfast in the morning is minimal. I stay at this hotel about 3 times a year, and on this visit during spring break the staff could not keep up with the demand for food. On the second morning the breakfast buffet ran out of yogurt.

Bar: n/a - Free happy hour (beer and wine) during the week. Snacks are minimal (chips and salsa and mix of bar crackers/pretzels).

Grounds: n/a – This is a city hotel with no “grounds” to stroll.

Pool: Tiny pool in center courtyard.

Staff attitude/service: Welcoming and very service oriented.

Perks for status: Platinum gift/points offered at check-in.

Parking: Efficient valet.

Misc: Small but gym on-site with good equipment. No bad porter is available. Be prepared to lug your luggage but luggage carts were available. Also, there’s a small “pantry” store in the lobby with snacks available for sale.

Room Tip: Beware rooms that have windows on the back alley. Delivery trucks in the middle of the night make fo...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business