“valentines getaway”

Ranked #8 of 266 things to do in San Antonio
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Come on down (way down) at the largest underground attraction in Texas! Daily guided tours allow guests to explore large underground chambers and see huge formations. The largest room is bigger than a football field. Above ground, discover rocks, minerals, and rough-cut gems at the Natural Bridge Mining Company Sluice. The Canopy Challenge will test your agility on over 40 different obstacles while you are on our 4 story, 60 foot high Adventure Course. Then you can fly across the scenic Texas Hill Country on our zip-lines! (Canopy Challenge is open daily but weather dependent.)
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Our trip to natural bridge caverns was amazing. I never imagined the caverns would look like they did. The hike thru the caverns was a little steep at times, but was well worth it. My only complaint was we were with a tour group that had very small children that kept crying, making it impossible to hear the tour guide. I would not recommend this attraction for small children, the elderly, or the physically challenged as there was flights of stairs and steep inclines. With all that said we plan to return soon with our 15 year old.

1  Thank brazosport69

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

I've been to other caverns before, but I thoroughly enjoyed the Natural Bridge Caverns! The waiting area is very nice, with food & beverage options, information on the caverns and surrounding area, a nice gift shop, and very clean restrooms. Our tour guide was fabulous, very informative, and fun. I highly recommend it for all ages, but would recommend backpacks for the toddlers. It's a lot of walking and can be slippery.

1  Thank Laura C
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Went on a tour with my son's 5th grade class today. The caverns are absolutely beautiful and very interesting to see. However, I was very disappointed with our tour guide. Her knowledge of the cavern and it's history was seriously lacking. She had little to no interaction with the children and seemed aloof and unconcerned about their questions....I hope to have a better guide next time.

2  Thank Twirlygurl
erin_nbc, Manager at Natural Bridge Caverns, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am glad you enjoyed the Caverns and apologize that your tour guide was not up to par. We do expect our guides to be both friendly and knowledgeable and I am sorry that is not what you experienced. We will address the issue with our guides and I do hope you will visit us again in the future so we can provide a better experience.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We went on the last tour of the day and it was only my husband & I, so that was nice! It's a big, beautiful cave and is well lit and can take pictures. Tour guide was very nice.

2  Thank Flashy221
Reviewed February 7, 2014

This is a nice facility and I think it would be especially nice for families. We'd been to Carlsbad Caverns before and would have had to wait 45 minutes for a tour, so we went on to Austin. They do have a zipline called Canopy Challenge there and my husband loved it.

1  Thank Jane S