“Worth Every Penny!”

Ranked #8 of 265 things to do in San Antonio
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Come on down (way down) at the largest underground attraction in Texas! Daily guided tours allow guests to explore large underground chambers and see huge formations. The largest room is bigger than a football field. Above ground, discover rocks, minerals, and rough-cut gems at the Natural Bridge Mining Company Sluice. The Canopy Challenge will test your agility on over 40 different obstacles while you are on our 4 story, 60 foot high Adventure Course. Then you can fly across the scenic Texas Hill Country on our zip-lines! (Canopy Challenge is open daily but weather dependent.)
New Lebanon, New York, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Worth Every Penny!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

I've been to other caverns before, but I thoroughly enjoyed the Natural Bridge Caverns! The waiting area is very nice, with food & beverage options, information on the caverns and surrounding area, a nice gift shop, and very clean restrooms. Our tour guide was fabulous, very informative, and fun. I highly recommend it for all ages, but would recommend backpacks for the toddlers. It's a lot of walking and can be slippery.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Laura C

• Chinese (Traditional) first
San Antonio, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Make sure you have a good tour guide!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

Went on a tour with my son's 5th grade class today. The caverns are absolutely beautiful and very interesting to see. However, I was very disappointed with our tour guide. Her knowledge of the cavern and it's history was seriously lacking. She had little to no interaction with the children and seemed aloof and unconcerned about their questions....I hope to have a better guide next time.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Twirlygurl
erin_nbc, Manager at Natural Bridge Caverns, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am glad you enjoyed the Caverns and apologize that your tour guide was not up to par. We do expect our guides to be both friendly and knowledgeable and I am sorry that is not what you experienced. We will address the issue with our guides and I do hope you will visit us again in the future so we can provide a better experience.
circle pines
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Beautiful caverns”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

We went on the last tour of the day and it was only my husband & I, so that was nice! It's a big, beautiful cave and is well lit and can take pictures. Tour guide was very nice.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Flashy221
Dallas, Texas
318 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 244 helpful votes
“Hubby Ziplined, but I chickened out”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

This is a nice facility and I think it would be especially nice for families. We'd been to Carlsbad Caverns before and would have had to wait 45 minutes for a tour, so we went on to Austin. They do have a zipline called Canopy Challenge there and my husband loved it.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Jane S
Brea
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Great Caverns but not the Guide”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

The caverns are magnificent and we saw many. However, the tour felt very rushed and our guide acted like he could not wait to get out of there which really diminished from the experience and the enjoyment. I would suggest that they increase the time in the cave and train their guides better.

Visited January 2014