“Knowledgable staff, not-so-exciting cave.”

Natural Bridge Caverns
Ranked #8 of 266 things to do in San Antonio
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Come on down (way down) at the largest underground attraction in Texas! Daily guided tours allow guests to explore large underground chambers and see huge formations. The largest room is bigger than a football field. Above ground, discover rocks, minerals, and rough-cut gems at the Natural Bridge Mining Company Sluice. The Canopy Challenge will test your agility on over 40 different obstacles while you are on our 4 story, 60 foot high Adventure Course. Then you can fly across the scenic Texas Hill Country on our zip-lines! (Canopy Challenge is open daily but weather dependent.)
Reviewed January 25, 2014

For my 5 year old, this first cave experience was "cool". For someone who has been to caverns in multiple states and countries, this is nothing to write home about. It is a warm, humid cave. The ground is wet and can be slippery. There are steep inclines which you will have to navigate as well. In other words, dress appropriately if you decide to visit this cavern. It is a well maintained property and there are some activities other than the cave that you can do as well. If it isn't out of your way, then I say go for it. If it is, I would say skip it.

1  Thank GoodTexN

Reviewed January 24, 2014

There are 2 caves that you can go tour. The Discovery trail and the Hidden Passages. I took my 13 year old, my fiance, and my best friend. Make sure you wear a good pair of walking shoes, some areas are really steep. The Hidden Passage tour has 185 stairs down and the same amount up. That is aquivilant to an 18 story building. I have back problems and my friend has knee problems so we both brought walking sticks to help us & we are so glad that we did. The way down was pretty easy, while the way up wasn't so easy, but it was good exercise. The Discovery tour has no stairs just ramps (some really steep) and you can have your photo taken while in the cave at the end of the tour. They also have options for Splunking in both of these caves. If you like caves and want to learn more I really do suggest checking out Natural Bridge. If my 13 year old can go and actually enjoy herself and not complain too much, you know it's a good spot to check out.

Also, if your looking for some good exercise while entertaining your brain at the same time Natural Bridge Caverns is a great place to go.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

We recently visited the caverns during a trip to San Antonio (to see our son graduate from AF BMT). The caverns were very pretty, and our guide (Kenadi) was very nice and informative.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Worth seeing. This is a warm cavern, 70 degrees with 99% humidity. The view is amazing. Wear good rubber soled shoes and expect to walk up and down inclines and steps.

2  Thank lindaeddie
Reviewed January 11, 2014

A must on any trip to San Antonio. The staff is very knowledgeable. The tours are a bit pricey but worth it.

Make sure to wear good footwear with traction as it is wet and slippery. It does get warm inside so dress accordingly.