“Educational and fun”

Ranked #8 of 271 things to do in San Antonio
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Come on down (way down) at the largest underground attraction in Texas! Daily guided tours allow guests to explore large underground chambers and see huge formations. The largest room is bigger than a football field. Above ground, discover rocks, minerals, and rough-cut gems at the Natural Bridge Mining Company Sluice. The Canopy Challenge will test your agility on over 40 different obstacles while you are on our 4 story, 60 foot high Adventure Course. Then you can fly across the scenic Texas Hill Country on our zip-lines! (Canopy Challenge is open daily but weather dependent.)
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We went on a family vacation to San Antonio and visited the Natural Bridge Caverns as a part of our itinerary. We had a guided tour given by a local college student. It was informative, educational and fun. I learned about rock formations, the geological history of the area, and about the natural habitat that used the caverns as a home for years. It's definitely worth seeing.

2  Thank jan a
Write a ReviewReviews (3,162)
All reviews
in 35 reviews
"other attractions"
in 31 reviews

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This cavers are very well preserved. Unfortunately they're in the middle of nowhere. So you really need to plan ahead or even connect the visit with the Zoofari. My recommendation is to do the zoofari first as animals are awake in the morning. Not for small kids, I would recommend for kids above 6-7 years old.

1  Thank Gumoca
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The caverns were a great place to visit. Course, I'm partial because I'm a geologist. I have a three year old and an eight year old and they both enjoyed the visit.....they thought it was really cool. Not literally though. Very humid, but well worth the visit to see some of the natural wonders of this planet.

1  Thank LBlondie
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Wow Wow Wow we had so much fun and it was very interesting you have to also go see the Wildlife Ranch that is next to it some of the animals here come right up to the car and eat out of your hands

1  Thank peggyol
See more reviews
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I really liked seeing how different things look below the surface of the earth. It was like a different world. I was surprised at how humid it was. I thought it would be a nice break from the San Antonio heat, but with the high humidity, I think I sweat more underground than I did on the surface. Some of the walkways were steep and wet, so I would be careful if anyone in your party needs assistive devices for walking or is aged or frail.

1  Thank Beantownguest