“Awesome”

Ranked #8 of 266 things to do in San Antonio
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Come on down (way down) at the largest underground attraction in Texas! Daily guided tours allow guests to explore large underground chambers and see huge formations. The largest room is bigger than a football field. Above ground, discover rocks, minerals, and rough-cut gems at the Natural Bridge Mining Company Sluice. The Canopy Challenge will test your agility on over 40 different obstacles while you are on our 4 story, 60 foot high Adventure Course. Then you can fly across the scenic Texas Hill Country on our zip-lines! (Canopy Challenge is open daily but weather dependent.)
Reviewed March 20, 2011

This is a great place for anyone ages 10yrs and up. Any younger than that they get bored and its hard for the parents to keep up with them. Its a hike through a cave with 99% humidity but 70f. It takes about an hour and can be slippery so wear tennis shoes. Its really a unique experience, even my 12 and 14yrs old like it.

1  Thank rowley848

Reviewed March 19, 2011

My husband and I went out to the Natural Bridge Caverns on a Saturday afternoon. The weather was nice for outdoor activities. We enjoyed the caverns. The temperature inside the caverns was nice and we were fascinated by the formations and how big some of the cavern room were. Coming back up required a little effort. Also certain spots can be slippery so beware.
They had food however we didn't buy anything to eat or dink. The restroom was clean.
They had zip lining and other activities outside that I'm sure if we had kids they would enjoy participating in. They also have an outdoor picnic area.I would like to visit the Wildlife park.

2  Thank scruples2
Reviewed February 2, 2011

We went with our toddler and had to help her down into the caverns as was expected. Much better than I thought. Each cavern was larger than the last with lots to see. Free for under 2s. They warn you about the steps and the slippness, should possibly warn you a bit more about some of the narrow openings. One of our tour had a bit of difficulty. Irritating that they keep you held in a tunnel with litte to see while theey take photos of you to try and sell later. Would be better if they did that in one of the caverns with more to see. Very hot and humid and was nice to get out into cool. They give interested talks in each cavern and point out features with a torch. Even our toddler enjoyed it.

Reviewed January 26, 2011

There are so many things to do in the region. And so if you have a week, then I would recommend adding Natural Bridge Caverns. Next to it is the Wildlife Park, so you could make a whole day of it. About seven miles off the highway from Schertz. Easy access and plenty of signs. Our family has been to a lot of caves, so I was not really expecting a whole lot. We enjoy caves, but sometimes it as if you have seen one, you have seen them all. It was bit pricey. There are coupons available on-line and brochures throughout the region. Usually about a dollar or two. There are different tours and pricing structures. We did the Discovery Tour. I was pleasantly surprised at the experience. First the cave was really warm and humid. It may be uncomfortable for some. I believe all caves I had been in before were in the 50s. And second, there will tons of formations! Our family lives in cave country in Kentucky, and we had never seen so many different formations! The kids had a great time. There is some walking and stairs to climb. The tour lasts around an hour. I did not give it top marks because of the price. I may be just too picky.

2  Thank KentuckyDB
Reviewed December 29, 2010

Natural Bridge Caverns are quite interesting and better than Inner Space Caverns in Georgetown, by the way. There is far more to see here and 2 separate tours for 2 different areas so you can go back and see stuff you haven't seen before.

The cave is 70 degrees with 99% humidity. If you visit in the summer, the cave will be cool compared to outside. If you visit in winter, the cave will seem warm and humid compared to outside. In either case, I recommend a short sleeve shirt because the humidity is high in there, so just dress in layers that can come off. But really this is a year round destination.

It's a nice place to visit and Natural Bridge Ranch is next door so you could combine the two and make it a day.

My only complaint is the pricing. $18 for a tour is a bit much I must say. For what you get, $10 would be a better price.

2  Thank crazyAustin