“Satisfied beyond words...”

Holiday Inn San Antonio N - Stone Oak Area
Ranked #165 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed March 14, 2013

In town for our son's wedding. Stayed six nights. Absolutely satisfied.

Room: Clean, modern, great shower, prompt and quick housekeeping.

Restaurant/Bar: Good food. Great service. Julie and Daisy totally ROCK. They called in extra hands when the hotel was full. [Awesome bacon!]

Staff: Not a bad one in the bunch! Kala [manager], Ashley, Porsha, Sandra, Ruben, Jessie and EVERYONE. Attentive and accommodating. And endlessly patient with all the comings, goings and special requests of a big family in town for the wedding.

Not only would I recommend this hotel to others, I would not think of staying anywhere else whenever I'm in San Antonio. Outstanding.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank DWSelby

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stayed on fourth floor, king bed, regular bath. The room was exceptionally clean and spacious. Had refrig, microwave, coffee maker, nice counter space in bathroom. The reception was good when checking in. There is no breakfast offered, but there is a restaurant on sight. There are no eating establishments in the immediate area, but others are not far down the road. The hotel does have easy access off of the highway.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I wasn't so excited about the hotel in general, but it is ok, the rooms were large and the beds, pillows were great. The amenities aren't up to the standard of other Holiday Inns, we had to ask for everything. The food on the restaurant is expensive for what we had. The swimming pool was full of screaming kids and they took over the jacuzzi, which I really wanted to soak in.

Anyway, I would return but not during Spring Break.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bonnie S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio N - Stone Oak Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Bonnie S,

Thank you for the detailed review of our hotel. I am delighted to know that you found our rooms to be comfortable. However, I regret that the food served did not completely meet your standards. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I never take the time to write a review after traveling for business but I will this one time because of several reasons. My room was nice, clean & convenient to the aiport off of Redland Road, lots of privacy and no horrible noise from the highway. Each morning I went down to have coffee and fruit and was greeted by a server named Julie. On my 2nd day, she saw me, had my table ready, my coffee coming up and my fruit on the way. I didn't even have to ask for one thing, she read my mind. She turned a horrible business trip around by her wonderul attitude each morning. I will definately come back and stay here again. Good job Holiday Inn.
Sincerely, Mr. Glazer. ej_9321@yahoo.com

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark G
Reviewed February 24, 2013

After working a long day and two flights I arrived at 9:45 on a Wednesday evening. The restaurant was open and room service should have been available but nobody would come to the front of the restaurant or answer their phone. It was a couple of miles down the highway to a fast food place. Not good customer service.

Thursday evening ordered a room service hamburger; to be informed that two people had not shown up for work and there was not anybody to make a room service delivery. I was encouraged to order and come pick it up. No desserts were available because they were waiting on a "delivery." I ordered the burger - it was not ready in a timely fashion and the meat tasted old. The burger was medium rare while I'd requested medium well.

In lieu of dessert the people working the restaurant suggested I get something from the pantry. I followed their suggestion and purchased some candy and CrackerJacks. Both the malted milk balls and crackerjacks were stale.

Finally, the day of departure Sunday - I phoned for a 7:30 wakeup call.. No wakeup call came. In the evening the front desk personnel are rarely at the desk but are sitting over in the lobby watching television.

There seems to be a management problem at this particular property. The hotel is clean, bed is comfortable and room is well appointed. This is a newer property and needed to have done a better job for me.

Room Tip: There is a Drury Inn just off I-10 with similar rates. Friends indicate it is a great value.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank clcsr
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio N - Stone Oak Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear clcsr,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received poor customer service from our staff and for the poor food selection which was unacceptable. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay here. The hotel I was told is less than 3 years old. The inside is very clean and very modern. I enjoyed using the business center which had two computers and printers. The view of the city was very nice from my room. My room was very comfortable. The bed was clean and plush. It had a safe and coffee maker, flat screen which swiveled. The bathroom was very spacious and modern. One thing I liked too was the hallways were well lit. The restaurant and food were good. The only thing I didn't like was the access from the highway, but like someone before me said....it's no fault of the Hotels. I would definitely come and stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Michael B
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I got this hotel on Priceline at a bargain price. The hotel was relatively new, extremely clean (not just the room), staff was really friendly, and the hotel was very quiet. The only "negative" was access to the hotel off Hwy 281 was somewhat difficult (especially southbound) but no fault of the hotel just the design of the highway. Great place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business