SpringHill Suites San Antonio SeaWorld/Lackland
$119
$266
$239
  • Restaurant
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
$98
  • Breakfast included
Omni San Antonio Hotel(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
$159
$149
Hotels.com
$240
$206
  • Restaurant
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$196
$214
$132
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewssea worldlackland afbfrosted glassto lackland air force basebmt graduationworked perfectlydesk areaindoor poolfront desk staffoatmealwould stay here againwalmartseaworldsinkroomysofahousekeeping
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 10, 2010

Overall, this SpringHill Suites fires on all cylinders as a new-build brand style that includes some nice touches in rooms and in the breakfast area. I give it a B+ instead of an A only because of indifferent service, especially to Marriott elites.

SpringHIll Suites reinvented itself a couple of years ago and new construction is showing this hip/trendy design. Rooms are filled with aquas, sage greens and wood tones. To allow for a larger bedroom and living area to emphasize the "suites" in the brand name, the new build takes components of the bathroom and splits them along a narrow band on the side of the room. The toilet goes in a separate water closet with a slider door and a cruise ship-sized sink; the shower and a second sink sit alongside in a separate "room" with its own slider door. I have yet to see a tub in a new construction SpringHill Suites; normally I stay in king rooms so am unsure if, or how many, queen/queen rooms have tubs. This can be an issue for families with kids or those who have to have a tub - but it appears that the numbers of such guests are steadily falling as the years go by.

Rooms include a 37" flat panel TV that should be a 42-incher, and it swivels to handle the bedroom area and living area with sectional sofa. At least the TV has local channels in HD - but not any others, although there are dozens of standard definition channels. Marriott continues to be behind in this technology. The make up for it a bit in outlets - there are power outlets galore, and convenient to the desk, sectional sofa, and bed.

Breakfast is included in the rate, and includes the usual fare in this price range - there isn't a lot of variation or originality among the competing brands with the possible exception of Holiday Inn Express's cinnamon rolls. Scrambled "egg product" at SHS is tofu-like and really below what Marriott standards should be, but it is what it is. Waffle makers seem to be popular among guests. (If free breakfast is your compelling hotel stay interest, then there's really only one brand to consider, and that's Staybridge Suites.)

Given the overall room size, cleanliness, newness and convenience to my work in town, I'm able to overlook the indifferent service. I've stayed here a few times and not once been recognized as a Gold Elite. One time I asked about a Gold Elite amenity and the bored desk clerk said "Oh, yeah - you can get anything you want from the Market" (a reference to the adjacent soda-and-candy selection that's essentially a vending area, except you give your money to the clerk instead of into a slot). On one check-in, I had to wait about three minutes while the desk clerk finished her conversation with her boyfriend in the public lobby area. Sigh. As long as I can get to the room, I can ignore such poor service, although Marriott and the owners of this hotel shouldn't.

You will have to drive a short distance to restaurants, but the property is perhaps two minutes from a new big-box shopping area with new casual fare including a Ghengis Grill - mongolian stir-fry that's fun.

If this property works on the service levels it could easily be a top 10 SpringHill Suites globally.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2010

Due to travel arrangement mishaps, I ended up stranded in San Antonio without the rest of my family for a day out of the weekend. The staff was SUPER helpful and made sure that I was taken care of. They helped me with every little thing I needed - from checking in without the person who made reservations, to locking myself out of my room, and even needing plasticware for dinner. I'm sure I was a test of their patience, but they treated me very graciously! The beds themselves were absolutely fantastic.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2010

I loved the decor the moment I walked in. They made our retreat a weekend to remember. The staff was incredible. The breakfast was free, the rooms were outstanding and the vibe was so relaxing. On our day of departure, we had to leave before breakfast began. The front desk staff started earlier than scheduled to accomodate our group. Just a nice thing to do! The rates were extremely attractive; everyone keeps asking when are we hosting another retreat. Definitely the place to go with children and families. We had a sensational time!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 31, 2010

the hotel was a great location for our reason for being there. good proximity to Lackland, the airport, seaworld and the riverwalk. service was good and the employees were nice and helpful. rooms were clean and linens were changed in a timely manor. breakfast was adaquate every morning. our family was very pleased with this hotel and would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2010

We didn't have a reservation, but they had rooms for us. To my surprise, the rate was reasonably great due to the fact that this hotel is fairly new. Very modern with internet access. The rooms were better than expected. Besides the bed being very comfortable and a nice flat screen tv, they also had a lounge area with an L-shape sofa, nice desk area, microwave, fridge, coffe maker, separate toilet room from shower. Nice breakfast! Friendly employees. I would recommend this hotel to all my family and friends. Also nice area with a walmart next to the hotel and a target a block away. Very close to Sea World is a plus!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family