“Family Friendly”

SpringHill Suites San Antonio SeaWorldR/Lackland
Ranked #130 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The hotel caters to families and it shows. Friendly helpful staff, great breakfast, clean common areas with rooms designed for families. The upholstered couch in our room was stained and carpets needed attention but all in all this was a great bargain and close to Sea World. Very nice stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I am completing my stay at this hotel and all I can say is I highly recommend it to anyone! I was in town for my daughters graduation from basic training and spent 4 very comfortable nights at this hotel. The rooms are very clean and larger than I expected. The breakfast in the mornings was better than I have had in any hotel, the selection was awesome! I checked in, in the evening and had the pleasure of dealing with Brenda and Matt. They made me feel so welcomed from the beginning. These two people go out of their way to make you fell at home and relaxed. it was nice to come in to the hotel in the evening and be greeted by them! it is about 15 min. from Lackland AFB so it worked out perfectly. All of the staff were very helpful in suggesting places to eat and things to do. I am attending school and used the wireless internet with no issues, easy to access and great download speeds. Overall a great place to stay!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Brian S
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The wife and I stayed here one night while visiting our daughter in SA. The hotel was clean and modern, and the staff friendly and efficient. The room was excellent. Big, open sitting area, large shower and bathroom, and separate vanity area. And very quiet. We had no issues at all with the Wifi. Worked perfectly fine on my tablet. The breakfast was OK, too. Hot oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, about what you would expect. Nothing fancy, but adequate. And there seemed to be enough tables and chairs. During our five-night cross-country roadtrip, we thought this hotel was the best value for the money. We will definitely stay here again next time we're in SA.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tad L
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This hotel is clean, safe, beautiful, and convenient to Lackland. It took me about 10 minutes to get to the gate and was easy to get to. The hotel staff are professional, friendly, and very cutomer service oriented. I searched hard before I booked and lucked out. I didn't want to spend a fortune or be in the hood. This place was perfect. The free breakfast each morning was great. I also liked the free parking. This was my first trip to San Antonio for my daughter's graduation from AF boot camp. Ask the front desk for a list of restaurants or whatever you need. Everything is conveniently located.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Theresa C
Miguel M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Antonio SeaWorldR/Lackland, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am very glad to hear you had such a wonderful experience with us.

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

1. Pathethic Internet speed--don't even plan to check your email, much less download a movie or videoconference.
2. Get to breakfast early cuz when its gone, its gone.
3. No digital TV or premium channels. There wasn't even a channel list to find other options.
4. Don't forget or run out of personal hygiene items because they don't keep any on hand.
5. Don't inhale going out the back door because there is an overpowering odor.
6. Don't bother to ask the staff for assistance because they will just tell you they can't help.

My son is in the armed forces and we traveled 1800 miles to visit him. While this hotel was a Marriott, with which I am ready to cancel my frequent stayer program, the five days we were stuck with this hotel were miserable.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Valsturm

I am sorry to hear about your experience. I know that we are currently working on improving our internet service we provide to our valued guests. We also strive to keep all amenities on hand. I want to thank you for your comments and encourage you to contact me personally so that I can have an opportunity to make this right.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed at this property Aug 13-18 for my son's graduation from Basic training.It was the perfect location to Lackland (about a 7-10 min drive at the most) We were very pleased with the Hotel. Very nice staff that seemed to go out of their way to be helpful. One staff member said it was under new management as of 3 mo ago. It was probably one of the cleanest hotels we have ever stayed in. A suggestion, maybe have the waffle making area away from the rest of the breakfast offerings...would help with the long line.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was wonderful. It has a very modern, colorful decor, spacious rooms, a great full breakfast and staff with manners and personality. It's close to Sea World and several great restaurants. I didn't have any problems with noise, as other reviewers had mentioned, but I must mention that I agree with the previous reviewer that the chlorine level of the pool needs to be checked. You can smell it as soon as you enter the hotel, it burns your nose while in the pool area and your eyes feel as though you've been pepper sprayed. After just one short swim my blonde hair had a green tint and three days and 4 shampoos later I can still smell chlorine in it and its a mess. Holy Moley, did I swim in Clorox? Also, if you do go to the pool, be super careful.. The tile they have surrounding the pool has a fairly smooth texture and is dangerously slippery when wet. I recommend this hotel for everything except the pool.

• Stayed: August 2013