“In town for airmen graduation!!”

SpringHill Suites San Antonio SeaWorldR/Lackland
Ranked #130 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. Myself and four of our airman's family members arrived the Wednesday before graduation. We were greeted by a very friendly and informative front desk staff. The grounds and the reception area were beautiful and clean. We checked in quickly and with no snags. As we entered our room we were very happy with what we saw. It was roomy and clean. The sitting area with the fold out sectional was very nice as was the desk area and microwave/refrigerator area. The beds were nice and there was plenty of storage for 5 people. There is a dresser and a couple drawers under the tv as well as a closet. We really liked that the shower room was separate from the restroom. And there are sinks and mirrors in both. Being as we had 4 adults and a teenager we had plenty of room to get ready. The only draw back is there isn't a lot of noise barrier since the doors to both are sliding doors and not heavy doors. But I figure if the five of us can deal with it, most people will be okay with it. I have to say one of the best things about the hotel for us was it's convenient location in regards to Lackland. It only took us about 10 minutes to get to and from the base. We traveled back and forth during the week and on the weekend and never had trouble with traffic. Our airman just wanted to hang out at the hotel when he had off-base liberties and the hotel was very comfortable for that. I also want to mention the restaurant next door. I believe it is the 54th street grill. We ate there twice during our stay and it was amazing both times. It is also fairly inexpensive. If we ever visit San Antonio again we will definitely stay at springhill suites. Thank you so much.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TandTLaconia
ttribby, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites San Antonio SeaWorldR/Lackland, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

We just wanted to take a moment to let you know how much we appreciate your business and positive comments. We really value you taking the time to let us know we're doing something right. If there is anything we can do for you, please let us know. We would also like to know where we can find more great clients like you! It's customers like you that make this business worthwhile. Thanks again and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 4 nights to attend our daughter's graduation from the Air Force BMT at Lackland AFB. Very convenient to Lackland. The hotel was great, the staff was warm and very helpful in every way.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank gamiller97
Reviewed November 21, 2012

This was a good property. It was clean and well maintained. We would stay here again.

Location: This property is VERY close to SeaWorld. I missed that there was a shuttle to the park which would have saved us $15.00. Since we didn't know about the shuttle I can't really comment on it, but I did find the review "Very Nice Property" on 8/21/2012 to be interesting!

Breakfast: The breakfast was standard for this type of Marriott property. Make your own waffles, eggs, cereal, pastries, fruit, etc. The seating was inadequate for the property. Breakfast was VERY busy each day we were there and since we don't enjoy the intensity in cutting through the crowd to get this type of breakfast we ended up going elsewhere. There is a "Cracker Barrell" and "Egg and I" in the nearby plazas if you are like us!

Coffee is available 24 hours off the main lobby.

Rooms: The rooms were clean and well maintained. We did have one day in which house keeping was a little less thorough but no major complaints. The bathroom was split (toilet and sink in one room, larger sink and shower in the other). The doors of these two bathrooms were frosted which had an unexpected consequence. I am usually the first one up in the morning and in most hotels I take my shower before anyone else is awake. The frosted glass meant that the light would have woken up the light sleepers so I ended up waiting in the dark not wanting to wake anyone too early :-/

Free wi-fi is available in the rooms.

rooms have a refirgerator and microwave and nice flat panel tv.

Quiet: The property is on a busy road and right next to the highway, that being said the traffic noise was not bad. We stayed on the top floor (4) and did not really hear any of our neighbors.

Ameneties: The pool is VERY small, we used it a couple nights but it could easily become too crowded. The exercise room contained two ellipticals and two treadmills. There are also two pc's available to guests off the main lobby.

Staff: The staff was very friendly, we found everyone in San Antonio to be very friendly...

Also: The Alamo, River Walk, and SeaWorld are naturally popular spots in San Antonio... I would also check out the Mission Trail (it is a part of the National Park Services) these are five Spanish/Catholic missions (including the Alamo) in various states of repair, they are pretty interesting and give you a good idea of the early history of Texas!

If you read this far and found anything interesting, please let me know by clicking that it was helpful!

Room Tip: Top floor (4), no noise from above!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank VTMChris
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in the summer in August. It is a great hotel, with convenient locations all around. Very close to SeaWorld! The staff is very friendly and they go abouve and beyond to make your stay a great one. The best part of this stay is the free shuttle to Seaworld and the driver (can't remember his name) was awesome! He was just so sweet and very patient!! The only downfall was the free breakfast. They ran out of everything very quickly. I'll stay here again for sure!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We had a lovely stay at this hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the rooms were quite comfortable. Having a guest laundry on each floor was a plus so in some down time, laundry was done and brought home clean ending the trip on a very positive note. The hot and cold free breakfast every morning and tea/ cocoa/coffee 24/7 was great! My family would definitely stay here again. The rooms were quiet and spacious and a great deal for the money.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed at The SpringHill Suites for 3 nights in October so that we could be close to Sea World in San Antonio. OUr family occupied 2 rooms which we found to be very comfortable and clean. One of our reasons for staying was that our 3 year old grandson would have an indoor pool to use in the evening. The pool was small but we had the use of it by ourselves. The water was very comfortable and the extra towels for the pool use were stacked in the pool area so that you didn't have to bother the front desk. The bathrooms in the hotel room were split so that the commode was in a separate room with a small corner sink. The main bath included the tub and vanity with plenty of room for my wife to put out her hair setter and the like. Both room had sliding frosted glass doors that were wood encased. The hotel provided both a refrig and a mircowave. There was a separate are with a good sized desk for my lap top. The internet was very slow the first night but a little better on the next evenings.
The breakfast included waffles that you made (vanilla or cinnamon), scrambled eggs, sausage patties (one day pork and the other turkey), bagels and cereal. There was plenty of coffee and a good selection of juice. This was adequate for us to get in and out quickly. The staff was helpful for the most part.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Wayne M
Reviewed October 4, 2012

My husband and I are “Premier” Marriott credit card holders and have been loyal Marriott Rewards members for the last 12 years. We stayed at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott near San Antonio’s Sea World this week. On the 2-nd night of our stay our car was broken into. Our vehicle was parked directly under a parking lot light and a security camera was trained onto the car. The passenger window was shattered; electronics, several prescription glasses/sunglasses and other things worth around $2,000 was stolen. A spare tire was stolen from another guest's rental car the same night.
The hotel receptionist called the police and paid for a cab to take me to work while my husband dealt with the police, auto insurance company and waited to meet with the front office manager. A clerk at the front desk showed my husband the view via parking lot camera of our car and revealed that the theft should be recorded. The manager arrived at around noon-time and assured my husband that he would contact police and review the video.
Several hours later we checked with the manager on the status. He said that the police were notified but he had not had time to review the recording. When my husband asked why he had not reviewed the recording, the hotel manager said that he had other things to do. My husband asked what could be more important than theft that two of his customers experienced. The recording could help to identify the burglars and his procrastination and lack of concern was giving the thieves time to sell/trade the stolen items. My husband asked if he could view the recording and the manager stated he could not allow anyone else to see it since it was hotel property. “So, the customers’ welfare and security are not an essential or important part of the business?” My husband called to the Marriott customer service and corporate services and he was treated even worse. It does not seem that it's in hotel interests to stop the crime and help their customers to recover losses. A friend asked us if we had considered the possibility of hotel involvement since the manager refused to let us see the recording. We have no evidence of this but it is a curious matter to us why the manager refuses to view the recording or to let us view it. We made a follow-up call to San Antonio police department to inquire about the investigation of our case and to ask if they had viewed the recording but have not heard from them either.
We stayed there one more night but were never contacted by the management again. I left our contact number with the front desk associate and asked the clerk to let the manager know that we would like to get updates on the incident but we have never heard back. We came home and next morning I received an E-mail from the hotel general manager stating, “It’s our goal to exceed your expectations and make you feel part of our family as you may be away from yours… We want no more than to WOW you, and it is my sincere hope that we have done so!”
Guess what? They did not even come close to our expectations and the Marriott lost some loyal customers and credit card holders.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business