“Good hotel, great value.”

Comfort Suites Medical Center near Six Flags
Ranked #183 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Me and my family stayed here for about 5 days, overall it was a good experience. Check in was easy and fast, although they didn't personally tell us check out time, breakfast times and such. Staff was great though, very nice and helpful. The room was very clean, there was one day that the trash was not taken out of the room but other than that really clean and plenty of space.. One thing that was a Little aggravating was that we could hear everything above us, we were in the first Floor and could hear people walking and running all the time. Breakfast was good as well, regular continental breakfast, Texas shape waffles! It is a little ways from downtown, but if there's not too much traffic you can get there fairly quick. There's a Walmart and chain restaurants and la cantera mall close to it so not a bad location. For the price it was great!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank rnana

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Some of the best beds I have ever slept on...better than the Hampton bed, and miles above e Weston heavenly bed. Best sleep I had on my trip through San Antonio. The location is a little tricky but once you find it it's easy to find again. Great staff and very clean. My new hotel of choice when staying near UTSA and the Boerne corridor.

Room Tip: Any of them...if I could rate the beds a six star I would.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The room itself was nice, and the hotel was comfortable with great staff. That's where the positives end.

My wife and I opted to stay here this past weekend and after the first night, it was regretted. Despite the hotel being about 1/4 mile from I-10, the cars sounded like they were zooming right past us, and we were at the back of the hotel. For a basis of comparison, I last stayed in SA at the Comfort Suites just east of I-37, and I didn't barely heard traffic being 2 rooms from the highway.

I thought it was my imagination, but were were both able to distinctly hear neighbors having conversations that sounded like they were on loud speakers. I sneezed while watching the Notre Dame vs. Wake Forest game and my neighbor to the right of my room said bless you - no joke. I didn't complain or bring it up to the management team, just because there was nothing they could have done to fix the walls bleeding sound. Next time I'm in town, I'll be more apt to make a longer drive around to save sleep.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the back of the hotel (101, 102, 201, 201, 301, 302, etc) to see if it's an...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

My first visit went without incident. This visit had me with no hot water. Called the front desk and they sent maintenance to my room. Well, seeing how I had to check out in 30 min, was a little difficult to let him in as I was trying to leave. Water heater was not located in my room so I have no idea why he needed access to my room. I guess to make sure I know how to turn on hot water. Check out at the front desk, the attendant wouldn't say a word to me. Customer service at its worst. Ignore it and it'll go away. I'm a diamond member with choice hotels and find this customer service, repulsive. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Bob A
Scott V, General Manager at Comfort Suites Medical Center near Six Flags, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for your repeat stay and I appreciate the feedback that you have provided but I wanted to apologize that your second stay did not mirror the first. We will have our Engineer examine the hot water heater to ensure nothing is preventing hot water from reaching our guestrooms. We pride ourselves in the customer service that we provide and creating guests for life so I personally invite you back on your next trip to San Antonio to experience the stay you had on your first visit. Thank you!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

This motel has a quiet, clean, efficient atmosphere. The staff were very friendly and helpful for any needs for restaurant suggestions, sight-seeing directions, and keeping everything fresh and available during the breakfast time. It was conveniently located about 20 minutes from the center of town (The Alamo, Hemisphere Park, River Walk, zoo) and Sea World. Within a 5 mile stretch of I-10 was a great selection of eating establishments for a variety of menus and price ranges. We felt safe and well cared for. We recommend this motel for anyone traveling through or visiting this area.

Room Tip: The elevators were roomy and quick so being on the 2nd floor was not a delay.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I checked in for a one-night business stay on October 17. Check-in took about 2-3 minutes total, and I went right up to my room. The room was very nicely furnished, clean, smelled fresh, and was very comfortable. Other than the bed being made up sort of short-sheeted, everything was just perfect. The AC was cold and quiet, and the bed was comfy.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This motel had the friendly staff- they would go out the way to help you out! The breakfast was delicious every morning and enjoyed the manager's reception on Wednesday. This motel is perfect for traveling to different tourist locations and restaurants. We would recommend this motel to everyone. The staff were excellent!!!

Room Tip: Lots of places to shop and eat close by. The staff were excellent-the driver Roger was so nice and f...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business