“My favorite hotel in San Antonio when I'm spending my own money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place San Antonio-North/Stone Oak

Hyatt Place San Antonio-North/Stone Oak
Ranked #60 of 359 Hotels in San Antonio
Austin, TX
“My favorite hotel in San Antonio when I'm spending my own money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

First things firts, the Menger Hotel downtown is THE place to stay. Of course rooms there cost 4 and 5 times as much as the Hyatt Place. What you get at Hyatt Place are super clean rooms, an outstadning location near all the Stone Oak shops, restuarants etc. The drive to the zoo is about 15 minutes. Downtown is about 20 minutes. I much prefer staying in the Stone Oak area because there are so many options for hopping on Loop 410 and getting to theaters, food, Seaworld etc very easily. Another big plus is that unlike all the downtown hotels, Hyatt does not charge a daily parking fee.
Our kids love the pool and we liked the little cafe, which serves an excellent breakfast.

Room Tip: Be nice to the desk person when you check in.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Houston, TX USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here for Easter weekend. It was fairly clean room but a bit on the smaller side for suite type hotels. We prefer those with a separate door to the bedroom so our son can sleep and this hotel does not offer that. Location was OK as we went to Fiesta Texas in 10-15 mins around on the Loop 1604. Accommodations were nice overall. Only thing needs improvement is the lighting in the bathroom which is very dim and hard to see in the shower. Breakfast was OK but wish it offered scrambled eggs & sausage. Staff was courteous and friendly. Would stay here again in the future as the price is reasonable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Staff was not attentive checking in took a long time the staff was seemed a bit confused. The room was near an elevator and was very noisy and the Ac would shut off ther was no way of it staying on that would have helped reduce the noise level. The room was big and it had a sofa but the downside to that is the sofa looked a bit dirty. Overall first impression of the room was great but at the end it was just ok. I couldn't get the Ac temp right it was too cold too hot. We stayed 2 nights I would have stayed a3rd night but the room wasn't comfortable enough. The breakfast area was tiny.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Jimmy9675
Bentonville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Loved the location and the staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and spacious. I've noticed others have commented on breakfast and I would agree. It is okay. I think it is due to the warmers they use, because all pancakes, waffles, breakfast sandwiches were a little crunchy. But they offer other things like yogurt, muffins, cereal, bagels, etc. We would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to other travelers.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Frisco, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed here our first night in San Antonio. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The staff was very nice as well. It was convenient that there is a bar area/snack area that's open very late. The breakfast was okay, I only had the muffins and apple juice since we were in a hurry, but good! We stayed at a different hotel the next night and it was not anywhere as nice as this one. I'm very picky on places that I stay and would definitely stay here again.

Corpus Christi, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The room was one of the best rooms I've had stayed at in years! Bed and pillow were comfortable, the shower was amazing hot and the water pressure was the best I had ever experienced in a hotel. The only thing was the breakfast in the morning was awful. Yogurt was half water and pancakes were just nasty love the set up but food not so much.

New Braunfels, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staf was super nice. I stayed for my anniversary and when my partner walked in after me the front desk guy told us happy anniversary, it was nice. It is in a very good location, close to a lot of things. The room was very nice, bed was probably the most comfortable bed I have ever stayed in in my life! i would definately stay here again and recommend to other travelers. Even though I booked the room on priceline, I wasn't treated any differently which was great, because some hotels do treat you differently. My only down side, no Jacuzzi, I always look forward to relaxing, no relaxing in that pool, tons of kids and very loud, we were down there for like 10 minutes and it was just too much so went back up to the room, but that is not that big of a deal.