“Good Value for Money in North San Antonio”

Hyatt Place San Antonio-North/Stone Oak
Ranked #46 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Quiet location north of SAT. Great spacious rooms with a separate sleeping, entertainment and work areas. Rooms appointed with 2 queen beds or 1 king plus a separate sleeper sofa. The temperature controls on the units in the rooms are a bit erratic and do not have a consistent setting so turn on and off randomly to keep the temp stable. The workout area is basic but adequate with 2 treadmills, an elliptical, a stationary bike and a set of free weights The cardio machines have integrated iPod connections but no television. The other facilities include a heated pool, too small for laps. The hotel does not have a hot tub. 24 hour food service is offered in the bar area with a limited but tasty menu at reasonable prices. Selected toiletries are offered free of charge if you've forgotten anything and the hotel offers additional items to "borrow" including items for child care and personal appliances. The staff is friendly, polite, and attentive. A great free breakfast is included in your night's stay, which includes 3-4 hot egg dishes, oatmeal, cold cereal, pastries, doughnuts, fruit, and bagels and toast. Recommended if you are staying in the area as the location is a bit far from downtown and the airport.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle W

Reviewed February 18, 2013

This was a really nice place to stay. The staff was very helpful and nice.

We enjoyed our stay here very much.

No microwaves in the rooms, but you can use the one downstairs. I like to use my coffee press, so a microwave would have been very helpful to have in the room.

The biggest problem we had was trying to regulate the temperature in the room. The Air Conditioner was right beside the bed so the person closest to it was either to cool or to warm.

We would stay here again without question.

Room Tip: Higher floor would be better because of the Highway, but the road noise was really not to noticeable...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dianna A
Reviewed February 13, 2013

By far the best Hyatt experience ever! My apt was flooded and thank goodness I found this Hyatt near by. What was great about this stay was its PET FRIENDLY!!! All the staff knew my dogs name and was greeted everyday! I would highly recommend this HOTEL to everyone. I will definitely let ALL my friends and family know about this great location. PLUS lifetime fitness passes AWESOME! The smell of the lobby area is so fresh and welcoming.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are GREAT
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jacob Q
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stay at the Hyatt Place Stone Oak on a regular basis. The facility is conveniently located to my work. The staff is exceptional and takes care of my every need.

However, housekeeping could be improved. My roomed was only vacuumed once during my last week long stay. But, that being said, it would not prevent me from staying there again or recommending the facility to others.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rick F
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Ok, it is a chain so my expectations were for good basic service and a clean room. Usually, it does not matter what flavor the chain is, it could be hilton, hyatt or marriott and unless you look at the sign outside, they are all basically the same.

Nothing wrong with that, it is sometimes a comfort to know what you will get, no matter what city you are in.

I have stayed in Hyatt Places before, this one seemed a bit better, cleaner and the staff friendlier and more helpful.

Only glitch was that on one day, the room was not made up. I was supposed to check out that day, but extended the stay--so this screwed up their system. The whole staff seemed genuinely horrified that I experienced this problem and were so sincerely apologetic that I could not really get upset. Fresh towels and amenities were instantly sent up.

Breakfast was pretty good, again the staff really wants to satisfy you--one day I mentioned that the coffee seemed weaker than usual and the next minute there was a double expresso at my table.

Room is spacious compared to some of their competitors and was very clean.

Would stay again if I need to be in the Stone Oak area

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank richardg6409
Reviewed February 9, 2013

It was a great experience staying there for over four weeks. I went for a business trip. Employees are very attentive to your needs. I love the fact they had an indoor pool at their establishment. It was a great place to be around you had shopping areas not to far from the Hyatt. It is a place I would go back not just for my business but with the family for vacations.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Kikyo M
Reviewed February 7, 2013

This hotel is my go to favorite for all my stays in the san antonio area. I stay at this hotel even though others might be closer to where I need to go. The staff is always wonderful! Robert, Zaid, and Tanner are the epitome of a well oiled customer service machine, they all know me by name, know what I drink, what type of room on what side of the building I like, and are always cheerful and outgoing. I feel like this is my home away from home in san antonio.

• Stayed: January 2013