Best Western Plus Palo Alto Inn & Suites
  • Breakfast included
$62
$426
$259
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
$134
$244
$239
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$245
$215
$219
Hyatt.com
All reviewsjack in the boxconvenience storebmt graduationbigger pillowsvalero gas stationrecommending places to eatnight securitybreakfast attendantreal eggsclosest hotellackland afbeasy accessmission trailnice hotelindoor poolawesome staybasic training
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Stayed here for 5 nights while attending my son's graduation from Lackland Air Force Base. The hotel was 10-15 minutes from the base, an easy drive. The rooms were fine for our needs and the entire hotel was extremely clean being only about a year old. The staff was friendly and attentive to our needs. The hotels indoor pool and hot tub were small but were clean and the area well kept. The A/C in the room was great! You really appreciate this after being out in temps near 100 every day. A small fridge, and a one cup coffee maker was no problem since my wife can take it or leave it when it comes to coffee. I, on the other hand MUST have it as soon as I get up. So even the one-cupper was fine. The breakfast was phenominal! Full hot breakfast. Eggs, tater tots, bacon and sausage on alternate days, biscuits and gravy, coffee, juices...just great! You don't see many hotels offer such a great daily breakfast like this for free. There is a gas station with a convenience store just steps away and also steps away, a Jack in the Box. You can't go wrong staying at this hotel. Now my hope is that there's a Best Western just like this one in Biloxi, Mississippi. That's were my Son will be job training for the next 3-5 months. I just gotta add this...I AM SO PROUD OF HIM!!! When I go to visit him, I will certainly make Best Western my first choice as to where to stay.

Room Tip: We booked on-line as a package deal.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Jerry P
Reviewed March 19, 2011

The hotel had plenty to offer at a good price. Very clean new hotel, breakfast was appreciated, and housekeeping was great. We requested extra towels and linens, and the staff was very helpful. The only downside is we could hear the cars on the highway from our room and it is on the outskirts of town. Not a big deal though, would definately stay again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2011

I usually stay at Hilton properties. However, the location of this hotel was very close to the Palo Alto Community College. The hotel is relatively new (less than a year old). It was quiet and the beds were great. Rooms were large and had a refrigerator and flat screen TV. Free internet too. Very good breakfast is served every morning and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Excellent hotel for the price!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank OldCalBear
Reviewed March 17, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for almost a week while attending an NCAA swim meet at nearby Palo Alto College. The location is convenient as the college is a ten minute walk from the hotel. We were pleasantly surprised as the hotel was new and very well kept. Our first disappointment came when we found out the kitchenette had no utensils, cookware or dishes. Not wanting to buy these, we ended up eating out more than we had planned, which was hard to do since there were very few restaurants close by unless you like fast food. We were also disappointed because every morning the smells of breakfast (bacon, sausage, etc.) entered our room. Sunday morning we awoke to sounds of a church service. Apparently hotel management rents out their conference room to a church for services. The conference room door was open and hymns could be heard throughout the first and second floors of the hotel. Maybe some people like this but it seemed inappropriate for a hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011
2  Thank princesspanda56
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I've been travelling to the South Texas town of Kenedy to visit my son for the past couple of years and usually stay at the Best Western in Floresville, TX. It's the nearest hotel to my destination that is not completely roach-infested, moldy and stinky...but it's not cheap, either. Although it has been remodeled recently, it's not as luxurious as the rates might indicate and I could never negotiate a lower rate even when the hotel was only partially booked. Last week I attempted to book a room for the long weekend (Columbus Day) but was told that the hotel was booked solid for the entire month of October due to their historical, annual "Peanut Festival". Soooooo, I looked online and discovered that a new BW had opened about 7 months earlier, (but was in San Antonio - an additional 30+ miles from my son). Well, it was beautiful, modern, clean and had an amazing shower...and all for about $15 less a night than the Floresville location. It was right on the highway and had a Jack-in-the-Box in the parking lot! . Bye bye Floresville...you just lost a customer.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family