“Good food, but pricey”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 4,622 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Brazilian, South American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: River Walk
Description: Fogo de ChaoR (fo-go dee shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, FogoR began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 16 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet salad bar, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.
houstonburbs
“Good food, but pricey”
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Good food, but be prepared to pay. The food is good, very filling, lots of great service. Definitely an experience, but again, be prepeared to pay.

Ontario, CA
“Interesting experience, good food.”
Reviewed June 26, 2010

Quite expensive but there is lots of food. The waiters were excellent, very attentive and accommodating,especially considering I was eating alone. The salad bar was extensive, as were the choice of meats. Most of them were excellent.

1 Thank Hijinx1
Zürich (Switzerland)
“Best place to eat meat in San Antonio”
Reviewed June 20, 2010

This restaurant is a must for everyone who loves meat. As long as you like, grilled meat (beef, lamb, sausages etc.) will be presented to you on skewers and servers shave some portion of. You can get a part which is rare, medium or well done, just depending on what you like. The flat pricing including vegetables from the buffet make this a very good deal, and the food is delicious. The concept how the food is presented- stick out a card if you want to have more meat and servers will show you what they got, fresh from the grill, makes it also a lot of fun to explore and it is very entertaining. I was with a group and everyone loved it.

2 Thank cyclone-zh
Chicago, Illinois
“Carnivore heaven! (And surprisingly good for a vegetarian too!)”
Reviewed June 18, 2010

My son just completed basic military training at Lackland Air Force Base, so I told him that, to celebrate, we would take him for dinner wherever he wanted to go. He chose Fogo de Chao. This is a nationwide chain restaurant renowned for serving endless varieties of Brazilian-style grilled meat, so (as a vegetarian) I wasn't too excited about his choice, but I am a woman of my word.... My carnivorous sons & their father were delighted with the well-paced, wonderfully-prepared meats. The service was outstanding -- as soon as each diner's card was turned to the green side, a waiter instantly appeared with more delicacies. Several side dishes were also placed on our table, including some sort of fried cornmeal cakes, a potato dish, and some superb little cheese rolls. But the big surprise for vegetarian-me was that -- for half the cost of the meat-eaters' dinner -- I could get all-you-can-eat salad bar. We're not talking sad iceberg lettuce & canned beans here -- this was elegantly-prepared grilled veggies, a variety of cheeses and breads, potato salad, etc. So I was very happy. As a vegetarian, I would not go out of my way to go here for my own sake, but if you have a vegetarian in your otherwise-carnivorous group, he or she will have a very good experience here. It's not cheap -- our dinner for 4 (3 meat-eaters & 1 veggie) was nearly $200 with tax & tip -- but it's a terrific special-occasion option.

1 Thank mompeef
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not even the best braz steakhouse in...”
Reviewed June 17, 2010

Not even the best braz steakhouse in town. Food was mostly tough. Good salad bar. The ribeye could have doubled as tire tread.

1 Thank Alohajace