“A special place for our family”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Ranked #48 of 5,317 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: River Walk
Description: Fogo de Chão is a leading Brazilian steakhouse, or churrascaria, which has specialized in fire-roasting high-quality meats since 1979 utilizing the centuries-old Southern Brazilian cooking technique of churrasco. Fogo offers guests a wide variety of simply seasoned meats, that are carefully fire-roasted to expose their natural flavors, including the house specialty picanha sirloin, filet mignon, ribeye, and lamb chops to name a few. Additionally, Fogo offers a gourmet Market Table & Feijoada Bar, which includes seasonal salads, soup, fresh vegetables, feijoada (traditional black bean stew with rice, fresh orange and yuca flour), and much more.
Reviewed October 14, 2014

We have been to this restaurant in different cities and usually celebrate a special occasion. Their salad bar is out of this world-I could eat just that and be content. I also like the attention to detail, all the servers bus your table and refill your drinks. As a result, we get outstanding service!

Date of visit: October 2014
Write a reviewReviews (952)

Reviewed October 12, 2014

Very good service, very good food. Very good caipirinhas. Several of the staff are Brazilians and are glad to speak Portuguese with you. All the meats - very tasty. Salad/veggie bar - very tasty. Black beans and rice - very nice.

Reviewed October 11, 2014

I cannot describe the salad bar, there is likely nothing that you can imagine that is not on it. Table service is great, and they bring you entree's constantly. I am a great fan of Lamb Rib chops, and they are in endless supply, and very well cooked...as are all the other meats. You have to try this one.

Date of visit: December 2013
Reviewed October 11, 2014

We had reservations on a busy night and still had to wait to be seated as they had several reservations and walk ins they were seating before us, including people who were there 30 prior to their reservation time. The dining room is nice and elegant but there are no views of the riverwalk. The salad bar and drinks were decent but the meat and some of the side dishes were very very salty! It was hard to enjoy all the good cuts of meat because it's hard to overcome too much salt. Service was very friendly and fast. If you're not able to eat large quantities of meat then you're not getting the full value of the $50 you pay.

Reviewed October 11, 2014

I was in San Antonio for a conference and after a long day at work I needed some blood. I certainly enjoyed all the different meats they bring to your table. All prepared by a master of the grill. They say they will bring you 15 different cuts of meat, it may be true, but after a while you stop counting. This is a place to just eat meat. Forget the side dishes (what were they thinking?? come on, how difficult can it be to make something that looks reasonable and is edible), the salad bar is ok, plenty to choose from, but again with not much thought put in to it. Anyway, I went there to fill up with meat and for that it is a nice place. Wines are fairly mediocre, as usual staff didn't really know what they were selling, so how could they help you choose?
I suggest you don't bring any date or business meeting to this restaurant as you will be interrupted constantly. I understand that with the servings of meat, clearly it has to be brought to you, but what I personally found annoying is the number of times somebody asked me if everything is fine! After the fifth time within the first half hour I had the audacity of saying: "I'll tell you the same thing I've told your collegue a couple of minutes ago, everything is fine, except that you keep interupting my meal because you keep asking". I shouldn't have done that! I was abandoned for the rest of the meal. No bread, no drinks, no bill, no anything. Actually, that was fine with me. To leave I had to chase the maitre d' to get the bill.
So, if you love meat, this is a good place, but go alone, or with a carnivorous friend.

Date of visit: September 2014