“Indulgence”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 4,786 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: River Walk
Description: Fogo de ChaoR (fo-go dee shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, FogoR began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 16 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet salad bar, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Food was great, a little hard to get to there due to downtown construction but well worth it! Not for the price conscious.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

This was one of the best meals I've ever had! Besides numerous types of meat that is brought all the time, we were given polenta and several more types of garnishes, plus we had an unlimited access to the huge buffet. To be honest, this buffet alone would have been enough, and with so much fresh delicious meat, we had no other choice but to eat eat and eat. Even remembering this place makes my mouth water.. definitely worth visiting!

Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

We went with our family of 6 for dinner on a Sunday to celebrate our daughter going off to college.
I had made reservations so we were seated promptly.
Service was immediate, brisk, and attentive throughout the evening.
This is basically a "protein-fest", with 18 different types of meat, especially beef cuts, presented grilled and skewered with the gaucho waiters slicing and presenting your selections throughout the dining experience. The meat was fresh, tasty and grilled to perfection.
The Salad bar was ok/adequate, but not the focal point by any means. There is a $22.50 option to eat salad bar only, but not worth it in my opinion. $49.50 covers salad bar, sides, and all the meat one cares to eat. Please bring a hearty appetite or the restaurant will "win" so to speak.
My only "complaint" would be there is no dress code enforced, if there's one at all. Churrascarias charging as much as Fogo does should at least be a business casual type environment, not the shorts and t-shirts ubiquitous at this establishment. I know the place is on the Riverwalk and thus very touristic, but there needs to be a stricter sense of decorum.
Overall I would recommend based on the food and service, but will likely go with Chama or Texas de Brazil next time.

Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

I'm not a red meat eater, but this was incredible!! My husband and I ate entirely too much, but it was definitely worth how we felt afterward! The bar had a great selection. The smoked salmon was delicious! My favorite was the lamb, seasoned and cooked perfectly. Save some room and order the cheesecake. This place is worth every calorie and every penny!

Reviewed August 12, 2014

I've eaten here several times when in San Antonio, so the food is good and the service as well. However, with one drink, the total bill, with tip, was $75 for one person. That would be fine except the atmosphere is not conducive to having a conversation. The restaurant is extremely noisy with constant chatter, plates and silverware clanking and servers running around the restaurant. So, if you go, just prepare to yell when trying to chat with your friends.