“Best restaraunt experience of our lives ”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 4,714 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: River Walk
Description: Fogo de ChaoR (fo-go dee shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, FogoR began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 16 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet salad bar, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Incredible dining experience with 16 different meats that are actually carved by the chef that cooked it right at your table. Friendliest, most attentive wait staff we have ever encountered. Lunch is exactly the same as dinner but is $29.99 vs $49.99. Drinks and dessert not included. Great special night out destination that is well worth the price.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I loved this restaurant. AWESOME service and amazing food. I go to Rodizios all over and this is definitely top 5 for me

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Everything was excellent about our visit to Fogo de Chao. All the meat was of the best quality and cooked perfectly.

We had one female server who was quite distracted but all the other staff was just amazing.

My husband being a meat and potatoes man was in culinary heaven. I especially enjoyed the cheese rolls and the salads. For the meat, I recommend the chicken legs, lamb chops (The Best!) and the house cut, Picanha

Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Yes, I've been to Brazil and, yes, I enjoyed a visit to a place like Fogo while there. The meats served at this particular Fogo were very tasty and prepared with skill, but a true Brazilian meat experience should include other cuts and bits and species that aren't on Fogo menus, such as ostrich, chicken hearts, etc. Too "weird" for the US palate, I suppose. Too bad. Anyway, the salad bar was nice and the drinks weak. Yet, it was a fun evening. The price is a but steep, but you're paying for quality meat and a River Walk location.

1  Thank Huasobruto
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We have been to other Brazilian style restaurants and have had wonderful experiences. First time to this one and will probably be our last. The cost of this one is higher. That would not be a problem if the food and service would be superior to the other places. We found the food to be average and the service not so great.

I come to this type of place to eat. Several times I was sitting there with an empty plate while the Gauchos walked past. Other locations I have had them ask if I wanted more even if my card was red side up.

Not once did they ask if I would like a clean plate. My plate was covered in blood as I did not get what I was asking for. Ask for medium and you would get a warm piece of bloody meat.

The seating in this place is way too close together. There is not enough room for 2 people to pass by a table. The atmosphere is about average, nothing special. An ok place for a tourist who has never been to any other Brazilian steakhouse.