“Great food and excellent service”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 4,696 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: River Walk
Description: Fogo de ChaoR (fo-go dee shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, FogoR began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 16 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet salad bar, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.
Reviewed November 12, 2013

You had better enjoy your meat. If you do you will love this place. The meat of all kinds was excellently well prepared and the service spectacular. These guys have eyes on all surfaces and you will not go wanting. A fun experience

There are newer reviews for Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

It was awesome. The meat and buffet are endless, the service was top of the line, and the atmosphere was incredible. Great experience.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I ate sooo much and the meat was absolutely perfect! I tried a frutty drink that i dont remember the name and it was to die for. I plan on going to Fogo de Chao em Kansas City this holiday season and I hope is as good as the one in San Antonio

Reviewed November 5, 2013

The staff is very attentive. Such an unusual experience. Many different meats once you flip your little coaster from red to green waiters will come by your tablewith meats, sausage, ect on skewers and whatever amount you want at what style cooked is shaved off onto your plate. When you begin with a clean plate there are three sides served. Mild garlic mashed potatoes, polenta, and fried plantains( that I didn't care for with the meal). There is a salad bar I also didn't care for. A warm caesar salad. A salad with Italian. A few odds and ends and blacks beans and rice which was my high light with the meat. Okay dessert menu. Brownie can be divided by two but not homemade I don't think. Others thought the mango was good. A good experience but I thought the meat was the highlight and the people were nice.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

This restaurant has a lot of meat, delicious meat. The meat is well seasoned, tender and tasty. The salad bar that comes with your meal is pretty good. My boyfriend liked it a lot better than I did. I thought that it was okay. You get three sides with your meat: Polenta, garlic mashed potatoes and fried plantains. Do not miss the garlic mashed potatoes, they are sinfully good. The prime rib, filet mignon, chicken and sirloin are delicious and plentiful. (The bacon that wraps the filet mignon, chicken and sirloin is really good too). They refill your plate when you are ready to get more meat. About the salad bar, the green beans are tasty, as is the cheese. They have these little peppers that are marinated that are good, sweet and hot! The peppers were too hot for me. You don't notice the heat right away on the peppers. You first taste the texture of the pepper and the sweetness and deliciousness of the pepper, but when the pepper reaches your throat, this pepper has a bite. Even though the peppers were good, I probably would not get that again, because it was too, too hot for my liking. If you like really hot (spicy) food, you will enjoy this.
This restaurant is pricey, but worth it for a special occasion. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good cut of beef.