“Excellent food, great service”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 4,727 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: River Walk
Description: Fogo de ChaoR (fo-go dee shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, FogoR began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 16 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet salad bar, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Wonderful staff, great service! Food was outstanding. This restaurant is clearly not for vegetarians. Great locatio in the Riverwalk mall. NOTE: they offer a military discount but you do have to ask for it.

5  Thank duhyme

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

I asked for my filet to be rare. After sending my steak back three times I settled for it since everyone at the table had ready finished. When I did eat my filet, it was tough and tasted like no filet i ever had. Even though the salad bar was impressive I will never eat here nor recommend this place to anyone.

1  Thank Travelin4300
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We went with a group in February and were not disappointed. Not one person left hungry...

An abundance of food is available from the salad bar to the servers who cut the meat right at your plate. My favs were the chicken and lamb. The only negative is that I found the meat a little too salty. But all in all very good value and meal.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

If you eat meat, this is the place. A variety of meats come by your table with each passing waiter and they slide the meat off of a skewer onto your plate. A variety of meats pass by every few minutes. I thought it was a fun and unique experience. GO HUNGRY.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Typical Churruscaria... with large selection of meats, a huge salad bar, included sides and sauces and a good wine selection. Enjoyable evening, although the service is rushed and feels routine.